Who invented MegaWays?
As mentioned at the top of this section, the MegaWays game mechanic was created by Big Time Gaming. The first ever slot to use MegaWays was Dragon Born – a 6 reel slot, with up to 117,649 ways to win. The fantasy themed title comes with combining wild multipliers, unlimited free spins, stacked wilds and payouts of up to 20,000 times your stake on each spin or free spin.
Who else offers MegaWays slots?
Due to MegaWays’ overwhelming popularity, Big Time Gaming have licensed the game engine to various other software providers including WMS, Blueprint Gaming, Fantasma Games Relax Gaming and Red Tiger Gaming – there are more providers who will also be developing MegaWays slots in the near future such as iSoftBet. Rumours are Net Entertainment and Quickspin will be using MegaWays in 2019 – we will keep you posted.
What bonus features do MegaWays slots have?
MegaWays slots don’t just come with the shape-shifting reels. You can expect the usual array of extras you might find in standard slots. Here are the most commonly found bonus features found in MegaWays titles:
- Cascading Reels feature – when you get a winning combination, the contributing symbols disappear to make way for new symbols. This allows for new winning formations to be created for consecutive wins – this continues until no more new wins are formed. Some MegaWays slots see cascading wins boosted by an increasing multiplier.
- Mystery Symbols feature – lots of Megaways slots come with a Mystery Symbol feature – all instances of the mystery symbol will transform into a randomly chosen symbol for a better chance of forming a winning combination.
- Free Spins feature – this is pretty standard in most slots these days. However, many MegaWays slots offer you the chance to win unlimited free spins with infinite retriggers. Some games also offer a certain number of free spins with a minimum number of MegaWays.
- Unlimited Win Multiplier feature – this is found in the slot’s Free Spins feature – each cascading win will increase the multiplier by 1. With no limit to how high the multiplier can reach, a losing free spin won’t see the multiplier revert back to 1x – it can only get bigger!
- Wild Multipliers feature – many slots offer wild multipliers of some sort. If you take Primal MegaWays by Blueprint Gaming, you can get wild multipliers up to 6x on each reel. If 1 appears on every reel, they will be multipliers by each other to give you a potential 7,776x multiplier!
- Feature Buy feature – this allows you to buy your way into the main bonus feature (the Free Spins feature) for a set price (normally 100 or 200 times your stake). Big Time Gaming’s White Rabbit slot was the first to use this. Some MegaWays slots see the price drop when you see special coins appear on the reels – if the Feature Buy balance reaches zero, the feature is played automatically.
Are MegaWays slots expensive to play?
With so many MegaWays, a common misconception is that it costs a lot per spin to play these MegaWays slots – in fact, it’s completely the opposite. Most MegaWays slot games can be played from as little as 10p per spin. Oh, they are all available to play on desktop, smartphone and tablet devices.
Can MegaWays slots pay out big amounts?
MegaWays slots may have lots of ways to win but the potential payouts also match with wins of up to 50,000 times your stake on each spin/free spin if you’re luck is in. We highlight the maximum win on every slot review so you know what can be won – normally, maximum payouts are capped at 10,000 or 50,000 times your stake.
Where can I play MegaWays slots?
The good news is that MegaWays slots can be found in most online casinos (due to its success) and we only expect this section to grow substantially. Casinos such as LeoVegas or Casumo have released MegaWays slots exclusively first before – you’ll also see more exclusive MegaWays slots with LeoVegas Casino the first to release theirs (LeoVegas Casino). Before you go on to play them for real money, you can try all MegaWays slots for free here at Online-Slot.co.uk.