Ghostbusters Plus: Demo
Best Casinos to play IGT’s Ghostbusters Plus Slot
Depicts the classic film perfectly
The game is based on the 1984 fantasy/comedy film which is about a team of scientists who device to battle ghosts for money. Set in a New York City street at night, it comes with an eerie soundtrack. Symbols include A, K, Q and J playing cards as well as the 4 Ghostbusters.
You’ll see Peter Venkman (played by Bill Murray), Raymond Stantz (played by Dan Aykroyd), Egon Spengler (played by Harold Ramis) and Walter Peck (played by William Atherton). Peter Venkman is the most rewarding of the standard symbols giving you 2, 8 or 20 times your stake for 3, 4 or 5 in combination. There’s also a Ghostbusters logo which is the wild and performs all the usual duties – 3, 4 or 5 on a payline will reward you with 4, 20 or 40 times your stake.
Ghost Battle feature
When it comes to bonus features, Ghostbusters Plus has plenty! There’s a Ghost Battle feature that is triggered when 1 of the ghost symbols appears on the middle reel. You then tap the ghost to zap it – each ghost will take up to 3 zaps before it retreats.
Each zap adds a Ghost Wild symbol into the Ghost Queue – any ghost that has 0 health will be captured with you benefitting from a Level Up. The leftmost Ghost Wild in the queue is awarded and then removed from the queue. The Ghost Queue can hold up to 20 Ghost Wilds.
More importantly, there are 3 types of Ghost Wilds – Multiplier Ghost Wilds, Expanding Ghost Wilds and Extra Ghost Wilds. Each type has 4 variants with 3 available in the base game (the 4th is available in the Zuul Free Spins Bonus feature – more info about that below). You can unlock Ghost Wilds by levelling up with only Multiplier Ghost Wilds on offer at level 1. All wilds will be placed to give you the best possible win:
- Multiplier Ghost Wilds: 3x, 5x or 10x multipliers
- Expanding Ghost Wilds: horizontal, diagonal or cross-shaped expanding wilds
- Extra Ghost Wilds: 2, 3 or 4 extra Ghost Wilds are added to the reels
There’s also a Tobin’s Spirit Guide feature – once you reach level 10, this is unlocked. This allows you to choose the ghost that appears during the Ghost Battle feature.
Ghostbusters Plus comes with an Equipment feature – this is triggered randomly in the base game. At level 1, only the Proton Pack is unlocked. Here’s what the various extras offer:
- Proton Pack – turns every instance of a chosen set of 2 to 4 royal symbols to the most numerous character symbol for enhanced wins
- Ghost Sniffer – reveals 1 hidden Ghost symbol which triggers the Ghost Battle feature
- PKE Meter – turns every instance of a chosen set of 1 to 4 royal symbols into wilds
- Ecto Goggles – reveal 1 bonus symbol when 2 are on the reels to trigger the Zuul Free Spins Bonus feature
- Psychogram Helmet – gives you 2 bonus symbols when 1 is on the reels to activate the free spins feature
Level Up Plus feature
Ghostbusters Plus is all about this feature really – the higher the level you reach, the bigger rewards on offer. You can do this by capturing ghosts in the Ghost Battles. You will see the current ghost’s health bar to the top left of the screen. Here’s what to expect:
- Level 1 – 3x, 5x and 10x wilds with the Proton Pack (Equipment feature)
- Level 2 – Ghost Sniffer (Equipment feature)
- Level 3 – Expanding Ghost Wilds – horizontal and diagonal
- Level 4 – PKE Meter (Equipment feature)
- Level 5 – 2 or 3 Extra Ghost Wilds
- Level 6 – Ecto Goggles (Equipment feature)
- Level 7 – Expanding Ghost Wilds – cross
- Level 8 – Psychogram Helmet (Equipment feature)
- Level 9 – 4 Extra Ghost Wilds
- Level 10 – Tobin’s Spirit Guide feature
Zuul Free Spins Bonus feature
The Zuul Free Spins feature is played when you get 3 bonus symbols anywhere on reels 1, 3 and 5 in the base game. You zap Zuul 5 times to give you 5 free spins and a Ghost Wild for each. You can also retrigger by getting 3 scatters to give you 2 more free spins with 2 more Ghost Wilds.
You can retrigger a few times with up to 25 free spins up for grabs. More importantly, all Ghost Wilds are in play but they are much higher value:
- Multiplier Ghost Wilds of 25x
- Expanding Ghost Wild – Jumbo variety which expands to all adjacent positions
- Extra Ghost Wilds – 5 extra wilds are added to the reels
Take a deep breath
Ghostbusters Plus has a lot to offer as you can see! The slot is all about the Ghost Wilds which give you plenty of extras from the Ghost Battle feature. The more levels you work your way up, the more lucrative the potential payouts. Saying that, for me it’s all about the Zuul Free Spins Bonus feature – getting a 25x multiplier will result in the biggest payouts.
Filling the reels with wilds will result in a 1,000 times stake win – add in the 25x multiplier in the free spins and that could lead to a 25,000 times stake payout on each free spin! Ghostbusters Plus isn’t as complicated as it reads – I would recommend you try it for free (above). Overall, it’s a decent slot with lots of extras and big win potential.