Yokozuna Clash: Demo
Visually, Yokozuna Clash is excellent – set in buzzing Tokyo, you head to the Dohyo where the you aim to become the Yokozuna in this epic battle. Symbols include hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds as well as red phoenix birds, purple tigers, green lizards and blue dragons. The most rewarding symbol is the phoenix bird which gives you 12 times your stake for 5 on a payline.
There’s also a wild symbol that replaces all symbols bar the free spins scatter. Being a 243 ways to win slot, winning formations are formed when matching symbols appear on adjacent reels (i.e. reels 1, 2 and 3) starting from reel 1. The game benefits from random sumo features in the base game – this is what you can expect:
- Riku (Blue Fundoshi Sumo): adds 1 to 2 wild symbols on any of the 3 middle reels.
- Haru (Green Fundoshi Sumo): adds a 2x or 3x multiplier to your winning combo.
Yokozuna Clash comes with a Tournament Free Spins feature that is played when the free spin symbol appears simultaneously on reels 1 and 5 – you can benefit from wins from both left to right and right to left. A random base game Sumo is then chosen to fight 1 of 2 tournament Free Spin sumos.
When you get a winning combination from the left, the power meter moves right by 1 bar – when you get a win starting from the right (from reel 5), the meter is pushed left by 2 or 3 positions. A Free Spin Sumo also gives you an extra feature.
When you get 2 or more winning combinations and 1 is from the left and the other from the right, it’s a draw with no extra features being awarded from the Free Spin sumo. When the power meter reaches the left, the feature ends. If the power meter is filled to the right, you will move to Fight Yokozuma – beating Yokozuma will give you a doubling multiplier to all free spins wins. As for the sumos, here’s what they will give you:
- Riku (Blue Fundoshi Sumo): randomly adds 3 to 4 wilds on reels 2, 3 or 4. Also powers the meter by 1 bar right.
- Haru (Green Fundoshi Sumo): adds a 3x or 4x multiplier to your winning combo. Also powers the meter by 1 bar right.
- O’Conner (Scottish Sumo): his hit moves the power meter left by 2 bars and awards a 3x or 4x multiplier where he pushes the power meter left.
- Daisuke (Flower Fundoshi Sumo): his hit moves the power meter left by 2 bars and gives you 3 to 4 wilds on spins where he pushes the power meter left.
- Yokozuna (Demon Sumo): this is only available when you reach the second stage of the feature. 3 to 4 random wilds and a 3x to 4x multiplier is applied when he pushes the power meter left. When his hit lands, the power meter moves left by 3 bars.
Yokozuna Clash also comes with a Sumo Clash feature – this occurs when you get a 5 of a kind winning combination. The sumos then class with 2 to 3 extra symbols of the same kind appearing. If you get 2 or more 5 of a kind wins, the highest paying symbol will reward you with extra symbols. Basically, you get even bigger wins.
Yokozuna Clash may seem complicated but its simpler than it reads – basically, 2 sumos can appear in the base game randomly to add extra wilds and multipliers up to 3x. However, it gets better in the Tournament Free Spins feature where the sumos battle Free Spin sumos for even bigger rewards (more wilds and bigger multipliers). If you manage to reach the second stage, you will get more multipliers (up to 4x) from the Demon Sumo. If you fill the power meter fully, a doubling multiplier is then applied!
Medium to high variance, you can win 3,440 times your stake on each free spin which is decent. All in all, another superb slot from Yggdrasil Gaming which looks great, has unique bonus features and good win potential. If you want to head to the land of the rising sun, Yggdrasil Gaming also offer you Hanzo’s Dojo which is a very good slot.