Pirates – Smugglers Paradise is a 5 reel, Cluster Pays slot from Yggdrasil Gaming that is played on a 5×5 grid from 20p to £100 a spin across all devices. You join a brave pirate crew as you sail exotic waters – you’ll benefit from dropdown wins, multipliers as well as 3 free spins features.
Visually, Pirates – Smugglers Paradise has cartoon style graphics and is set aboard a pirate ship. You are near the shore with a lush island in the backdrop. Symbols on the reels include hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds as well as hooks, swords, guns and bottles. You will also see parrots and 3 different pirates on the reels.
Now, Pirates – Smugglers Paradise does not feature any paylines or ways to win – it’s a Cluster Pays slot meaning you form wins when you get 6 or more identical symbols in a cluster and adjacent to one another. Once you get a winning cluster, the Dropdown Wins feature comes into play meaning all instances of the winning symbol (even the ones not in the cluster) remain in position with all other symbols disappearing from the reels. This process continues until no more new winning symbols appear. If you get 2 or more winning clusters, the lower paying cluster is converted into the higher paying symbol for bigger wins.
The game also comes with a Multiplier feature which is played when you fill a row with winning symbols – win multipliers are added for each Dropdown Win separately. Here’s what you could win:
- 1 row filled – a 1x multiplier is awarded
- 2 rows filled – a 2x multiplier is awarded
- 3 rows filled – a 3x multiplier is awarded
- 4 rows filled – a 5x multiplier is awarded
- 5 rows filled – a 10x multiplier is awarded
Pirates – Smugglers Paradise also comes with 3 free spins features – if you fill the free spin symbol counter with 3 maps in a spin, you will win 7 free spins. Any additional free spin symbols that land will give you a cash prize of 10 times your stake. You then choose from 3 free spins features:
- High Seas Free Spins feature – heading to Hellfire Island, all low paying symbols (hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades) are removed from the reels leaving higher value symbols only on the reels.
- Multiplier Madness Free Spins feature – heading to Skull Cave, all multipliers achieved are added up at the top of the reels and applied to each Dropdown win for the feature.
- Win Fall Free Spins feature – heading to Paradise Cove, 2 winning symbols are added to the reels at the beginning of each Dropdown. To get another win, at least 1 more new cluster symbol must appear.
I really like Pirates – Smugglers Paradise – it’s colourful and full of bonus features. Variance wise, it’s in the middle with the biggest wins coming from the Multiplier Madness Free Spins feature as the multiplier can reach 10x. As a result, you can win up to 1,243 times your total stake on each spin/free spin with a 10x multiplier. If you like the pirate theme, Quickspin’s Pirate’s Charm and Novomatic’s Red Lady are recommended.