Where to Play Gremlins Slot
18+, New players, £10+ deposit, no e-wallets/prepaid cards, up to 500 Free Spins, 40x PLT on Free Spins winnings. T&Cs apply #ad
18+ new players only. Minimum deposit: £20. Maximum £100 bonus. Max bet with an active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match bonus: 30 times sum of deposit + bonus. Max redeemable from welcome bonus: £500. 100 Free Spins are given out 20 per day on Book of Dead for 5 days in a row, log in each day is required. Max Free Spins winnings: £100. Winnings from Free Spins are credited as bonus money with a wagering requirement of 45 times. Free Spins expire after 3 days. Some games may not be played with a bonus. Games may contribute differently when wagering a bonus. Play Responsibly! www.begambleaware.org. #ad
New customers only. Min deposit £10. Bonus win limitation: x10 the value of the bonus amount granted. 40 spins upon first deposit, with 2×30 spins 24 and 48 hours thereafter. Spins coin value: £0.01. Winnings from spins are bonus funds. 48x wagering required for any bonus funds; within 7 days for deposit bonus and 24h for winnings from spins. Max bet £3: game restrictions apply. Full Tx & Cs apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org – PLAY RESPONSIBLY #ad
The Gremlins online slot is the official game for the 1984 film which has become a cult classic. Set in character Billy’s bedroom, you’ll see gremlin eggs in the backdrop – it looks exactly like it does in the movie. You’ll notice the actual music from the film which sets the scene perfectly and adds to the excitement.
Symbols include the usual A, K, Q and J royals as well as milkshakes, popcorn, 3D glasses, microwaves and the Gremlins logo (in purple). The latter pays 2.5, 10 or 25 times your stake for 3, 4 or 5 in combination.
The Gremlin character is the wild symbol and pays 5, 20 or 50 times your stake for 3, 4 or 5 on a payline. The wild also replaces the symbols mentioned above to help form winning combinations. Wins are formed by getting 3 or more matching symbols from left to right (starting from reel 1) on any of the 20 paylines.
Stripe Wilds feature
In the base game, water can randomly be poured on a gremlin wild symbol – this will trigger the Stripe Wilds feature where the gremlin (wild) multiplies to add other wilds to the reels. This increases your chances of forming a win as there will be more wild symbols present.
Bonus Entry feature
During the base game, the Bonus Entry feature can randomly be triggered – the gremlin wild symbols can transform randomly into Gizmo bonus features. This will then trigger the Bonus Selector which spins to award you a bonus feature.
Freebie Bonus feature
Furthermore, if 1 or 2 Gizmo bonus symbols land on the reels, the Freebie Bonus feature may be randomly activated – the bonus symbols can multiply to activate the Bonus Selector.
Bonus Selector features
The other way into the Bonus Selector is by getting 3 Gizmo bonus symbols on a base game spin simultaneously – on the odd-numbered reels (1, 3 and 5). You head to a cinema where you’ll see animated gremlins watching the screen. The screen then shows bonus features with 1 selected for you to play. Here are details of the 5 bonus features you can play:
- Splashing Wild Free Spins feature – with 8 free spins awarded, any gremlin wilds that appear will jump into he pool and expand upwards to give you a wild reel. You can also retrigger the feature (by getting 3 bonus symbols) for another 8 free spins.
- Gremlin Link Free Spins feature – you begin with 3 lives. A life is lost on a free spin when a Stripe symbol does not appear. If you land a Stripe symbol though, the number of lives is reset to 3. Every Stripe landing will stay in position and contains a cash prize which is awarded once the feature ends. Look out for the 6th reel which contains only Gizmo multiplier symbols – of 2x, 3x or 5x.
- Avoid the Sun Free Spins feature – with unlimited free spins awarded, you will see persisting wilds on the reels once you get 8 winning free spins. Persisting wilds are basically sticky wilds. There’s also a sun symbol that can land – once 11 appear in total, the feature ends.
- Gizmo Box Hunt feature – this pick me style game has 4 levels with 9 boxes to choose from per level. Each box will reveal a cash prize, level up or collect. If you level up, you will move to the next level where the prizes are bigger. You carry on picking until you unveil collect.
- No More Cash After Midnight feature – here, you spin the clock to reveal a number of spaces for Gizmo to move along the multiplier trail. The further you progress, the bigger the stake multipliers on offer. The top prize is 100 x your stake. If the clock lands on midnight, the feature will finish.
The official Gremlins slot is action-packed with lots of bonus features. Entertaining and with a nostalgic feel, this medium variance game is recommended if you love the film. Gameplay wise, you will get many low value payouts of up to 50 x stake mostly.
The max win is 1,000 x stake – this is achieved by filling the reels with Gremlin wild symbols. This is made possible in the Splashing Wild Free Spins feature where expanding wilds can give you a screen full of wild symbols. However, this is highly unlikely. The RTP is high at 96.47% which should give you plenty for your bankroll.
Whilst the original Gremlin film has achieved cult status, I doubt the slot version will achieve the same feat. Yes, it looks decent and has lots of bonus features but the win potential is low compared to other movie slots. I would much rather play Microgaming’s Jurassic World or Playtech’s Terminator Genisys which offer better graphics, better bonus features and bigger payouts.