Low maintenance and soothing, gold fish are pretty much our idea of a perfect pet but do they make a decent online slot. WMS has tried to find out in Gold Fish, a 5 reel, 25 payline slot that comes with plenty of goodies pick me rounds, multiplier prizes, super scatter spins and up to 20 free spins with a multiplier that can top 10x. Stakes start at 35p and rise to £105 per spin.
The design in Gold Fish is done cartoon style and has a light-hearted feel – you’ll see a selection of plants, nets, lobsters and turtles spinning around the reels alongside 5 brightly coloured fish. The best of these is the gold fish which is the game’s wild. It’s also the top payer, awarding over 300 times your total stake if you land 5 on a payline.
Gold Fish comes with plenty of randomly triggered extras – which feature you get depends on which fish swims into the goldfish bowl:
- Purple Fish feature – the purple fish will blow out 3 bubbles, each of which features a number. This figure will then be applied as a multiplier to your bet.
- Green Fish feature – more bubbles are on offer from the green fish. These ones reveal instant win cash prizes.
- Red Fish feature – you’ll be offered the pick of a clam, treasure chest or castle. Once again, cash prizes are on offer here.
- Blue Fish feature – land the blue fish bonus and you’ll receive 3 super scatter spins where winning combinations can be formed scatter style.
- Gold Fish feature – the best of the bonuses is on offer from the gold fish. Pick from the bubbles to reveal the number of free spins you’ve been awarded. This can be anything from 5 to 20 free spins. Every winner during this round is boosted by a multiplier of between 2x and 10x.
There’s another bonus round, the Fish Food feature, on offer when you manage to land 3 or more of the fish food scatter symbol anywhere on the reel. It’s a pick me round where you collect 3 of the same fish to win a cash prize. If you match 4 cans, you will double your total outcome. Furthermore, the Gold Fish are the most lucrative giving you up to 24 times your stake. Be on the lookout for turtles as a Gold Turtle is worth 50 times your stake.
We found plenty to like about Gold Fish – the design isn’t the most sophisticated but the jazzy backing track has a jaunty feel. The features come along at regular intervals too to deliver a steady stream of wins. The best of the rounds is the Gold Fish feature as up to 20 free spins with a 10x multiplier can be very lucrative. We enjoyed Gold Fish much more than we expected – for some simple fishy fun, you shouldn’t go far wrong here. I also suggest you take a look at Yggdrasil Gaming’s Golden Fish Tank which has a similar theme.