The slots world gets its own version of a TV talent show in Stage 888. Powered by Red Tiger Gaming, it’s a 5 reel, 20 payline game that comes with stacked wilds, giant mega tile symbols, nudges, high value only spins as well as a trio of instant win pick prizes. Play from between 20p and £500 per spin.
An X Factor style stage forms the backdrop to the reels in Stage 888 – symbols include A to 10 playing cards as well as a microphone and the 888 logo. Land 5 of the latter and you’ll pocket a payout of, you’ve guessed it, 888 coins. These logo symbols can land fully stacked and fill multiple reels. Look out too for the quartet of contestants, each of whom is a stacked wild that replaces everything bar the scatters and awards payouts of 58, 188 or 888 coins.
There are plenty of features on offer in Stage 888 – 4 of them can be triggered at random on any spin. Look out for the stage lights which herald the arrival of 1 of the following:
- Nudge – this will move the reels up or down and in the process, create a winning combination.
- Magic Reels – all of the playing card symbols are removed from the reels. The spin is then completed with just the high value microphone and 888 logo symbols in play, offering much better chances of creating a big win.
- Mega Tiles – giant 3×3 symbols which take up a full 9 symbols are added to the reels. Land a high value Mega Tile and some whopping wins are possible.
- Instant Win – click on the musical note to reveal an instant win prize.
You’ll have to land specific symbols to trigger the other 2 bonus features:
- Mike Bonus feature – land 3 microphone symbols to trigger this then simply click on the golden mic which will reveal 1 or possibly 2 instant cash bonuses.
- Stage Bonus feature – 3 stage bonus scatters triggers this round. Push the button and watch the totaliser rise. Prizes of up to 888x are on offer here.
There may not be any free spins on offer here but the other features come along at regular intervals (which is a rarity for Red Tiger Gaming slots) so we barely noticed. The variance is in the medium range. The design is in the middle of the pack, neither dazzling or dreadful.
In fact, you could say that about the slot overall. It’s not a clunker but it’s not really a classic either. If you fancy trying your luck in a virtual talent show without any cruel barbs from the judges, then give Stage 888 a spin. I do prefer other Red Tiger Gaming titles with Lucky Halloween recommended.