Irish and Mexican-themed slots are full of national clichés and now slots developer Red Tiger Gaming has turned its attention to merry old England in Spin Town. Wilds (and lots of them) are central to the action in this unusual 5 reel, 40 payline slot. Play on all devices from between 20p and £200 per spin.
Recommended Casinos to play Spin Town Slot
The setting here is a cartoon road. On the reels you’ll find A to J symbols alongside a key, a wallet, a ghetto blaster and a motorcycle helmet. The suitcase full of cash is the top symbol. Land 5of these on a payline and you’ll pocket a payout of 15 times your stake.
They are joined by 15 different character symbols, each of which is wild. These wilds pay 2, 6 or 20 times your stake for a 3, 4 or 5 symbol combination. These wilds appear at the sides of the road. When the green man appears on the pelican crossing lights at the top of the screen, the wilds can walk across the reels, moving 1 position with each spin. There are also some special wilds that can deliver even more action:
- Sleepy Wilds feature - the old man and woman can fall asleep while crossing the road. This means they’ll remain in play for longer to offer more potential winning combinations.
- Speedy Wilds feature - the 2 youngsters can move across the reels 2 positions at a time.
- Couple Wilds feature - if the courting couple meet each other, they combine and turn into a wild umbrella. This new wild comes with a 2x multiplier that doubles the payout when it forms part of a winning combination.
There are also 3 bonus features to take advantage:
- Rock ’N’ Roll Shuffle feature - land 3 Rock ‘N’ Roll symbols and a quartet of wilds modelled on The Beatles hit the reels. These rockin’ wilds can cross the screen up to 10 times.
- Guardsmen’s March feature - this round is triggered by landing 3 guardsman symbols on the same spin. You’ll then activate 1x2 wild guardsman symbols that can cross the reels from both sides.
- Hooligan Advance feature - land 3 kick off symbols to activate the hooligans. These clusters of grouped wilds can move across the reels from right to left and from left to right.
Spin Town is a very silly slot that overloads the visual stereotypes about Blighty. There might not be any free spins on offer here but all the wild extras on offer deliver enough action to keep things interesting. The variance here is pretty low though with potential payouts of 400 times your stake on every spin.
We enjoyed Spin Town. The cartoon design is nicely done and the wild extras deliver something different on the gameplay front. Not a classic then but certainly playable enough. If you want something more volatile, Red Tiger Gaming’s Reactor should do the trick.