Head to the bazaar where the Crazy Genie can make your jackpot wishes come true. Powered by Red Tiger Gaming, this 5 reel, 20 payline slot comes with 5 bonus features. Spin the wheel for free spins, pick me features or rub the magic lamp for multiplier prizes. Stakes range from between 20p and £500 per spin.
Slots from Red Tiger Gaming are usually well designed and Crazy Genie is another impressive looking effort. A Middle Eastern souk is the setting. Joining the lower value A to 10 playing cards are a thumbs up from the genie, a magic carpet, a serpent and a scimitar. The blue-faced genie is the game’s wild – this cheeky chappie replaces all other symbols bar the bonus and offers awards of 30, 100 or 300 coins if you land 3, 4 or 5 on a payline.
Land 3 or more scatters on the same spin and you’ll trigger the Wheel of Bonuses – here you’ll get to spin the magic wheel. Depending on where the pointer lands, you’ll win 1 of the following bonus features:
- Gold Bonus feature – here you’ll be awarded 6 free spins. Watch out as the genie adds extra special golden symbols to the reels which can reward prizes of up to 1,068 times your stake.
- Gift Bonus feature – the genie will spread his arms and offer you the choice of 10 gold coins. Pick to win cash prizes of up to 1,179 times your stake.
- Treasure Bonus feature – enter the vaults and choose from the selection of golden treasure and artefacts. Coin prizes are awarded with each pick giving you up to 258 times your stake.
- Lamp Bonus feature – rub the magic lamp. The genie will magically appear and award an instant multiplier prize of up to 200 times your stake.
- Oasis Bonus feature – a lamp hangs from a tree. Give it a whack to unleash a potential torrent of coins of up to 100 times your stake.
The bonus symbol isn’t the only way to trigger these features as you’ll see a magic lamp perched to the left of the reels. This can stir into life on any base game spin. The genie will magically appear and offer 1 of the extras.
Like most slots in the Red Tiger Gaming catalogue, Crazy Genie is very easy on the senses. The spins are silky smooth and the imagery has a glossy, high-end feel. The same goes for the Arabian style soundtrack. Despite the range of extras, we found them quite tricky to trigger. We didn’t really get close to breaking the bank when we hit them either. The variance is in the middle though.
That said, there’s still plenty of enjoyment to be had here. This magic lamp probably won’t make your jackpot dreams come true but the Crazy Genie can deliver some entertaining action in the process. I also recommend you try Playtech’s Wild Wishes which has a similar theme.