Big Wheel is a classic fruit machine from Realistic Games. Played using 4 reel game engine with just a single payline, it comes with random nudges as well as 6 mini features that you’d find on an old school brick and mortar fruitie. Play from between 25p and £100 per spin on all devices.
The design in Big Wheel is very good – like most slots from Realistic Games, the reels are set within a traditional brick and mortar-style slot cabinet. We’re sometimes a bit sniffy about this look but in the case of Big Wheel it works really well.
Flanked by brightly coloured flashing lights, the reels are made up of cherries which pay 5x, oranges that pay 10x, bells that pay 15x and grapes that pay 20x. The most rewarding is to line up 3 yellow ducks as this awards a payout of 30 times your stake plus a chance of a repeat.
Look out for the Big Wheel symbol – when this lands in the central position on the middle reel, you’ll activate 1 of the mini features. Press the button and depending on where the light lands, you’ll win 1 of the following:
- Super Jackpot – the 3 ducks jackpot is awarded along with a shot at a repeat chance. In theory, you can repeat up to 9 times.
- Round About – a light will flash around the Big Wheel. Press the button to stop the light on 1 of the symbols. This is the prize you’ll receive.
- Roller Coaster – press start to reveal the number of steps you’ve been given. The reels will then move forward. Each symbol on the payline will light up a meter. The most lucrative meter that’s fully lit will then be paid.
- Crazy Reels – press spin then watch the reels go. All wins in any position are then paid. A random number of spins are awarded so keep going until you land a collect.
- Ring The Bell – the reels nudge along until there’s a bell in the payline. Each bell awards a light on the meter. Keep collecting until you land a stop when the highest lit award is paid.
- Duck Shoot – the lowest meter prize is lit to begin. Lights will then flash on the next highest award. Try and time your stop so all the lights are lit. You’ll have 3 chances to try and get the highest paying award possible.
Just like a real fruit machine, you can be offered nudges – these come at random and move the reels into a more optimal position with a payout to match. If your nudges don’t result in a win, you could be offered a Super Spin which will create a guaranteed winner. Finally, there’s a Crazy Reel Bonus feature which can trigger following any winless spin and awards a special prize.
As you can see, there’s plenty on offer here – the design is excellent, especially for a Realistic-powered slot. The features are decent enough. We found them quite hard to trigger though and went through lengthy winless spells. Land the ducks and repeat though and some very decent rewards are possible. We’d put the variance on the high side of medium.
Big Wheel is a real blast of the old school and probably about as close to a classic fruity you’ll get in the virtual arena. If that sounds like your bag, then you’ll want to give Big Wheel a spin.