Prime Zone is powered by Quickspin and has 5 reels and 10 paylines. Playable from 10p to £100 a spin on all devices, this Las Vegas inspired slot comes with multiplier wilds in the base game and a Prime Zone Bonus feature where you choose from 4 options to give you bigger multipliers and higher volatility.
When you load Prime Zone, the first thing you’ll notice is the soundtrack – it’s upbeat and a little cheesy (which I quite like). Set in Las Vegas at sunset, you will see palm trees and skyscrapers in the backdrop. Symbols include diamonds, clubs, spades and hearts as well as golden bells, diamonds, blue 7s and red 7s. The latter is worth 2, 10 or 50 times your stake for 3, 4 or 5 on a payline.
There’s also a neon multiplier wild which replaces all the usual symbols – 3, 4 or 5 in combination will give you 2, 10 or 100 times your stake. Prime Zone comes with a Multiplier Wild feature – if 2 or more multiplier wilds appear in a win, you’ll benefit from a multiplier that can reach 5x:
- 1 wild multiplier will give you a 1x multiplier
- 2 wild multipliers will give you a 2x multiplier
- 3 wild multipliers will give you a 3x multiplier
- 4 wild multipliers will give you a 4x multiplier
- 5 wild multipliers will give you a 5x multiplier
The red Bonus symbol is the scatter – 3 of them on reels 2, 3 and 4 will trigger the Prime Zone Bonus feature. You are awarded 7 free spins but then need to choose 1 of 4 free spin options where you choose your own volatility. You will see a Prime Zone on every free spin which covers certain reels - here are your options:
- Option 1: Prime Zone appears on reels 1, 2 and 3. All wins are subject to a 1x multiplier.
- Option 2: Prime Zone is reels 2, 3 and 4 with wins subject to a 2x multiplier.
- Option 3: Prime Zone appears on reels 3, 4 and 5 with all wins trebled.
- Option 4: you get a Mystery Prime Zone which shifts on each free spin – the multipliers vary randomly from 1x to 4x.
The higher the multiplier, the bigger the rewards but the variance increases for the bigger multipliers meaning it’s harder to form winning combinations. The win potential varies in each option too:
- Option 1: you can win up to 1,076 times your stake on each free spin
- Option 2: you can win up to 1,431 times your stake on each free spin
- Option 3: you can win up to 2,337 times your stake on each free spin
- Option 4: you can win up to 2,685.5 times your stake on each free spin
Prime Zone is a relatively simple slot which is all about the wild multipliers – I would option for option 4 which can give you multipliers up to 4x on each free spin. Saying that, the biggest wins, in theory, should come from the base game as the potential 5x multiplier can result in payouts of 5,000 times your stake (a screen full of wilds with the 5x multiplier).
In conclusion, Prime Zone is a simple slot that looks great and can be highly rewarding in both the base game and Prime Zone Bonus feature. I also recommend you try other Quickspin titles with Hall of the Mountain King and Tiger’s Glory my suggestions.