Dwarfs Gone Wild is a 5 reel, 20 payline slot which is powered by Quickspin – playable from 20p to £100 a spin on desktop, mobile and tablet devices (like laptops, smartphones and tablets), you join Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs as they dig for riches underground. It comes with special Dwarfs features that come into play in the Golden Minecart Free Spins Bonus feature – they offer various extras like rolling wilds, wild reels, spreading wilds and throwback wilds.
Set in a mine shaft, this fairytale inspired offering sees dwarfs for riches deep underground. With a folksy soundtrack, symbols on the reels include A, K and Q playing cards as well as 7 dwarfs – you have Banker, Blacksmith, Bomber, Huntsman, Racer, Strongman and Wizard.
You will also see Snow White and the Dwarfs Gone Wild logo (the wild) on the reels – they are the most rewarding symbols giving you 2, 15 or 60 times your stake for 3, 4 or 5 in combination. The wild replaces all symbols bar the scatter.
Dwarfs Gone Wild comes with a Magic Mirror feature which is played when the Magic Mirror symbol lands anywhere on the middle reel (reel 3) – 300 additional Snow White symbols are then added to the reels with 2 respins awarded. This gives you the chance to fill the reels with the highest value symbol.
However, the game is all about the Golden Minecraft Free Spins Bonus feature which is triggered when you get the diamond bonus scatter appears simultaneously on the 3 middle reels in the base game – you are then rewarded with 7 free spins.
In the base game, you will notice there’s a Golden Minecart Bonus Meter – every win containing Dwarf symbols add to the meter. An extra Golden Minecart is awarded once the meter is full. You begin with the meter being 75% full and 1 Golden Minecart – in total, 7 Golden Minecarts can be won.
These Golden Minecarts are important as they unlock special Dwarfs features in the Golden Minecraft Free Spins Bonus feature – these are as follows:
- Rolling Reels feature (Strongman): a wild symbol is randomly added to reels 3, 4 or 5. With each resin, the wild moves 1 position to the left.
- Spreading Wilds feature (Bomber): 1 wild is added to the reels which then explodes and creates between 2 and 4 extra wilds in adjacent positions.
- Throwback Wilds feature (Racer): this generates between 2 and 5 wilds randomly on the reels.
- Full Reel Wilds feature (Blacksmith): up to 2 fully wild reels are added.
- Free Wild feature (Huntsman): 1 wild is added to create the best possible winning combination.
- Extra Free Spins feature (Wizard): 3, 4 or 5 extra free spins are added to your tally.
- Win Multiplier feature (Banker): 1 or more winning free spins will be subject to a multiplier of 2x, 3x or 5x.
These extras are then applied during the free spins – the awarded Dwarf features can then randomly trigger at the start of each free spin. Ideally, you’ll get the multiplier up to 5x as it’s the most lucrative.
Dwarfs Gone Wild is a very entertaining slot – with a great fairytale theme, I quite like the Magic Mirror feature as you’ll hopefully get plenty of high value Snow White symbols on the reels. However, the key to winning big is by filling the Golden Minecart Bonus Meter as much as possible prior to entering the Golden Minecraft Free Spins Bonus feature.
As mentioned, the best feature to trigger during a free spin is the Win Multiplier feature due to the potential 5x multiplier on offer. Medium to high variance, you can win up to 2,535 times your stake on each free spin involving a 5x multiplier. All that’s left is for you to pay homage to this classic fairytale and join the 7 Dwarfs as they go wild underground. If you like the theme, NetEnt’s Boom Brothers is recommended.