Aztec Bonanza: Demo
Where to Play Pragmatic Play’s Aztec Bonanza Slot
up to £50
up to £200
up to £60
18+. New UK customers only. 200% deposit bonus up to £60. Must use bonus code “OSUK200” upon registration to receive the bonus. Min deposit £20 and 48x wagering requirements apply on bonus (game weighting applies). £3 max bet applies when playing with an active bonus. Bonus expires if not claimed within 7 days. T’s and c’s apply. Please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org. #ad
Aztec Bonanza Theme/Symbols
Aztec Bonanza lives up to its name on the design front. It really is a feast for the senses. With waterways, lush green vegetation, a mighty pyramid and an ornate totem pole in the background, the reels are made up of heart, diamond, club and spade symbols as well as 4 gemstones. The best of these is the green gem which pays 0.5, 1 or 2.5 x your total stake if you land 3, 4 or 5 on adjoining reels.
To begin, the symbols appear in a cross formation. This offers 384 ways to win. The game uses a Tumble feature (also known as a tumbling reels mechanic). After a winner is formed, the successful symbols are removed and new ones drop in and replace them.
After 2 successive tumbling wins, you’ll open 1 of the blocked corner portions of the reels. This increases the number of ways you can create a winner. It also triggers a modifier.
- Top Left Corner - awards mystery symbols which transform into the same matching symbol
- Top Right Corner - up to 3 lower value symbols morph into higher value symbols
- Bottom Left Corner - all symbols on reels 1 and 2 are replaced by colossal 2x2 symbols
- Bottom Right Corner - all symbols on reels 4 and 5 are replaced by colossal 2x2 symbols
Free Spins feature
If you unlock all 4 corners in a single set of tumbles, you’ll trigger the Free Spins feature. Here, you will receive 5 free spins which are played on a fully expanded set of tumbling reels that offer 7,776 ways to win. On each free spin, 1 of the following modifiers will trigger at random.
- Mystery Symbols feature - these all transform into the same matching symbol when they appear
- Symbol Transformation feature - 3 low value symbols turn into something more rewarding
- Colossal Symbols feature - the symbols on reels 1 and 2 and reel 4 and 5 turn into colossal 2x2 symbols for the initial spin and any tumbles that follow
Aztec Bonanza thoughts
There’s plenty to like about the Aztec Bonanza slot. The visuals are excellent, as is the haunting backing track. The gameplay stacks up nicely too. The tumbling reels deliver plenty of action and the modifiers can really get things moving, especially during the feature.
The volatility is in the medium to high range. With an RTP if 96.53%, the max win is 19,000 x stake on each spin or free spin – the chances increase in the Free Spins feature due to the colossal symbols and symbol transformations.
We enjoyed this jungle adventure. If you like the Aztec theme, it’s well worth exploring. If you want a slot game with a similar theme and tumbling reels, Gonzo’s Quest (by NetEnt) is recommended as it can add multipliers up to 15x in the feature.