RoboCop is a Playtech slot with 5 reels and 25 paylines that is based on the classic 1987 film. Playable on all devices from 25p a spin, there’s 8 bonus features to benefit from. 4 are triggered randomly in the base game giving you randomly dispersed wilds, a 3x3 ED-209 big wild on the 3 middle reels, 2 multipliers on each winning payline and a pick me game. Then you have the feature menu where you play enhanced versions of the base game features – you have 10 free spins with random wilds on every free spin, 5 free spins with the ED-209 big wild on each free spin, 15 free spins with 2 multipliers on each winning combo and an enhanced pick me game with 5x multipliers.
RoboCop : Demo
RoboCop is a 5 reel, 25 payline slot which has been produced by Playtech. The game is based on the 1987 iconic film which starred Peter Well as police officer Alex Murphy/RoboCop. Playable on desktop, mobile and tablet devices from 25p to £250 per spin, it comes with plenty of bonus features – 8 in total.
RoboCop has cartoon style graphics and set in the high-end utopia that is Delta City – symbols on the reels include futuristic A, K, Q and J playing cards, RoboCop’s car and gun. You will also see Officer Anne Lewis (Nancy Allen) and Dick Jones (Ronny Cox). RoboCop also features on the reels and rewards you with 40 times your stake for 5 across a payline.
The highest value symbol is the wild which substitutes for all other symbols bar the scatter – 5 on a payline will give you an impressive 100 times your stake. The RoboCop Detroit Police badge is that scatter and key to triggering the bonus feature (more on this later).
In the base game, there are 4 randomly triggered bonus features which can occur on any spin – the details are as follows:
- Shootout Spin feature – wild symbols are dispersed from the gun on random reel positions.
- Robot Attack Spin feature – an ED-209 big wild symbol is added to the reels.
- Line-Up Spin feature – each winning payline is enhanced with 2 different multipliers
- OCP Bonus feature – you get to enter the OCP offices and pick symbols of the same kind to win cash prizes.
Back to the RoboCop Detroit Police badge scatter – if it appears simultaneously on reels 1, 3 and 5, you will access the feature menu. You will come across 4 bonus features which are enhanced versions of the randomly triggered base game features. Your options are as follows:
- Shootout Free Games feature – you will receive 10 free spins with random wilds added on each free spin.
- Robot Attack Free Games feature – you get 5 free spins with the ED-209 big wild symbol (3x3 in size) added to reels 2, 3 and 4 on each free spin.
- Line-Up Free Games feature – you play with 15 free spins but benefit from 2 multipliers on every winning combination.
- OCP Mega Bonus feature – you enter the OCP offices and pick characters until you have 3 of the same with 4 different levels. Each symbol you pick is collected in its collection area in its own level – once the level is complete, you will win that prize and the feature ends. Look out for wilds as well as x5 multipliers that which will enhance your winnings.
RoboCop has a lot going on and I found it to be a nicely balanced, medium variance game – the bigger wins will come from the ED-209 3x3 wild in the base game and obviously the Robot Attack Free Games feature where it’s present on all 5 free spins. All in all, another super movie tie-in slot from Playtech. If you like movie inspired games, Playtech offer plenty with Man of Steel and Top Gun highly recommended.