It’s wowed audiences in the West End and now slots players get the chance to sample Monty Python’s Spamalot. Powered by Playtech and based on the comedy team’s hit show (which was of course based on the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail), this anarchic 5 reel, 20 payline slot comes with plenty of extras include a quartet of bonus features, a free spins feature and a potentially massive progressive jackpot. Play on all devices from between 20p and £20 per spin.
Just like Ash Gaming’s Monty Python’s Life of Brian slot, Monty Python’s Spamalot has a madcap feel – the visuals are done cartoon style and include lower value playing cards, Sirs Robin, Lancelot and Galahad and the Lady of the Lake. The most rewarding of the standard symbols with King Arthur who award 600 coins if you land a 5 symbol combination.
Even more rewarding is the Holy Grail which is the game’s wild – 2, 3, 4 or 5 of these will get you 25, 150, 1,500 or 5,000 coins. It also replaces all other symbols bar the bonus, free spins scatter and progressive symbols.
Land 3 scatters and you’ll trigger the Free Games feature and with it 10 free spins. On each spin, up to 5 bonus wilds are added at random to the reels. Look out too for the Jackpot Game symbol – land 5 or more of these throughout the free spins and you’ll have a shot at winning the big progressive jackpot.
The Holy Grail Jackpot Game is a 6 level pick me bonus – starting on the bottom row, try and progress upwards. Make it to the 6th and final level and you’ll be given a choice of 2 warriors. Choose wisely and you could be celebrating a massive win.
- Land the bonus symbol on reels 1 and 5 on the same spin and you’ll activate 1 of the 4 mini features. Here are all the details:
- Act 1 – Storm The Castle Bonus feature – move the knights into 1 of 6 positions below the castle. Flying cows will be flung from the castle – if they land on a knight, he will get squashed. If the cow misses, you win a cash prize. You keep on moving the knights until they all get squished by the flying cows.
- Act 2 – None Shall Pass Bonus feature – this one becomes active which the second time you find the Bonus symbol on reels 1 and 5. Here you’ll do battle with the fearsome Black Knight and in the process win cash and multiplier prizes. Make contact with the knight with your trusty sword and you’ll win a cash prize. Miss though and the multiplier, which starts at 5x, will drop by 1. After the 4 attempts, you’ll receive the bonus cash, complete with multiplier.
- Act 3 – Knights Who Say Ni Bonus feature – this is a variation on the old favourite, the pick me feature. Choose 1 of the 3 bits of shrubbery and you’ll reveal a cash bonus. If you don’t like the look of that amount, you can pick 1 of the others. There are up to 3 rounds of picks on offer here making it a potentially lucrative round.
- Final Act – Killer Rabbit Bonus feature – the not so heroic knights have to cross a path guarded by killer rabbits and in the process win cash bonuses. First lob a grenade – if the bomb fails to destroy the killer rabbit, it will chomp 1 of your 6 knights. If the grenade kills the bunny, all of your surviving knights will make it across with a cash bonus awarded for each.
The bonus games play out in order, reverting back to act 1 on the 5th time you trigger the feature.
There’s plenty of surreal action on offer in Monty Python’s Spamalot – the variance isn’t quite so manic though, sitting somewhere in the low to medium range. Fans of the films and stage show will find plenty to like in the slots version of Spamalot. Even if you’re not a fan of Cleese and co., the range of features makes this an enjoyable and very playable slot. If you want big jackpots, Playtech also offers you Jackpot Giant which is superb.