Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas is another slot from Playtech that is part of the popular Age of the Gods series. Based on Poseidon, this 5 reel slot comes with 30 to 90 paylines and can be played from 15p to £150 a spin across all devices. It comes with lots of bonus features including 5 types of respin features and 5 free spins features – there’s also 4 progressive jackpots up for grabs.
Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas: Demo
Where to play Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas slot
Visually, Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas is nice to look at – with the sea in the background, symbols on the reels include A, K, Q, J and 10 card suits. You’ll also see Pegasus (the white winged horse) as well as various mythical characters – you’ll see Cyclops, Medusa, Athena and Poseidon.
The latter is the most rewarding - 5 on a payline will give you 3.33 times your stake. There’s also a wild symbol which replaces all symbols (except the scatter) –5 in combination will give you 8.33 times your stake. Lastly, 1 symbol can appear heavily stacked on 1 or more reels.
Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas comes with 5 respins features – these can be triggered when you get 2 trident scatter symbols in the base game. The positions with the scatters on them are replaced by feature frames - other frames might be added randomly elsewhere on the reels. These frames give you access to different features which are all played with 6 rows and an extra 30 paylines (so 60 in total):
- Poseidon Respins feature – if a high value symbol lands in a yellow frame, all instances of that symbol become wild.
- Athena Respins feature – if a wild lands within a red frame, it expands to all 8 adjacent symbol positions.
- Medusa Respins feature – every purple frame comes with a multiplier value. If you get a win with 2 or more purple frames, the biggest multiplier is applied. The respins continue until you get no more wins or when all purple frames have been removed from the reels.
- Cyclops Respins feature – if a wild lands inside a green frame, the wild expands horizontally on the same row.
- Pegasus Respins feature – if a low value symbol appears inside a blue frame, all low win symbols will transform into the triggering low value symbol for bigger wins.
Then you have the 5 free spins features – these can be accessed if 3 trident scatter symbols land on the reels during the base game. You then choose from the 5 options – all free spins features are played on a reel set with 8 rows to give you 90 paylines in total. Beginning with 5 free spins, you can win more by getting 2 or 3 scatters to give you 3 or 5 additional free spins (with no limits). Each free spins feature has its own modifiers:
- Pegasus Free Games feature – if a low value symbol lands in a blue frame, all other low value symbols transform into the triggering symbol.
- Cyclops Free Games feature – wilds landing in a green frame will expand horizontally to occupy all 5 positions on the same row.
- Medusa Free Games feature – every purple frame has a multiplier. If you get a win with a symbol inside the purple frame, that multiplier is applied. Wins with 2 or more purple frames will see the biggest multiplier prevail.
- Athena Free Games feature – wilds appearing inside a red frame expand to 8 adjacent positions.
- Poseidon Free Games feature – high value symbols appearing inside a yellow frame will see all occurrences of that symbol become wild.
Finally, you can enter the Age of the Gods Jackpot feature randomly – you enter the feature and can win the Power Jackpot, Extra Power Jackpot, Super Power Jackpot or Ultimate Power Jackpot. You pick from coins to reveal a jackpot symbol – match 3 to win the corresponding jackpot. The one you want is the Ultimate Power Jackpot as this often offers a life-changing amount.
Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas is not as complicated as it may sound – it’s basically about the mythical characters applying their own extra to their own respins or free spins feature. I particularly like the Cyclops Free Games feature as having a horizontally expanding wild is appealing.
However, the biggest wins will come from the Medusa Free Games feature as the multipliers can combine to reward you with payouts of up to 7,500 times your stake on each free spin! If you like the sound of this slot, we recommend you try the other Age of the Gods slots from Playtech.