Viking Runecraft: Demo
Best Casinos to play Viking Runecraft Slot
Viking Runecraft is powered by Play ‘N Go and is played out on a 7x7 grid. Playable across all devices from 10p to £100 per spin, this Norse mythology themed game uses a cascading engine meaning you can win again and again from every spin as winning symbols disappear to give you new ones.
Visually, Viking Runecraft looks great as all other Play ‘N Go titles do – a ice-capped mountain forms the backdrop with a Norse warrior to the right of the reel set. Symbols on the reels including 5 low value runes, an axe, hammer, necklace and helmet. There are also 4 wild symbols which are represented by Norse gods and goddesses (Thor, Odin, Freya and Heimdall).
As mentioned in the opening paragraph, it uses a cascading engine – you can form winning combinations when you get 5 or more symbols in a connected cluster either vertically or horizontally. When you get a win, the winning symbols disappear with new symbols falling onto the grid to occupy the empty spaces – you can therefore win again and again from each spin. New symbols keep falling as long as you keep winning.
Every win will charge the meter to the side of the reel set – when full, you will play 1 of 4 Charge of Destruction bonus features. These are as follows:
- Fury of Fenrir feature – 4 diagonal lines of symbols are slashed, 2 lines are removed with the other 2 lines of symbols becoming the same symbol.
- Judgement of Jörmungand feature – a selection of symbols are destroyed in an unbroken path from 1 end of the grid to another. The symbols on the path are transformed into the same randomly chosen symbol.
- Scorching of Surtr feature – 3 symbols are set on fire with the fire spreading to a randomly number of nearby symbols with those symbols destroyed. In the burning cluster, a core of new symbols appears each the same to give you a win.
- Lure of Loki feature – 2 symbols are chosen. 1 of them (all other instances) are removed from the grid – the other symbol is then transformed to another symbol.
After 1 of the 4 Charge of Destruction bonus features plays out, the charge meter can be charged up again – when you get 1 charge following playing 1 of the features above, you will play the Ragnarök feature where you will get 1 free spin. You can also access the feature by double charging the charge meter.
During the Ragnarök feature, the Charge of Destruction transforms into the End of the World Bonus meter – if you get wins on enough symbols during the feature, you will be rewarded with a win multiplier. 20 symbols gives you a 2x multiplier with a 3x multiplier for 40 symbols. 60 symbols gives you a 5x multiplier which 80 symbols rewarding you with a whopping 15x multiplier on your wins.
Now, if you get no more wins in the Ragnarök feature, 1 of the Charge of Destruction features comes into play – the feature only ends when all Charge of Destruction features have played out once each.
Furthermore, Viking Runecraft comes with 4 different Gods – to see the Gods, you need to clear patterns of each God. To clear a pattern, you need to form wins on the grid positions specified. If you clear a pattern, you move to the next level where you’ll meet another God.
The Gift of the Gods feature which is played randomly in the base game when you have a non-winning spin. This feature creates wild symbols to give you more winning combinations. They are as follows:
- God of Thunder feature – 5 to 9 randomly selection symbols become wild.
- God of Wisdom feature – 4 wild symbols are formed in 2 pairs where the wilds in each pair are vertically next to each other.
- God of Beauty feature – wild symbols are formed in 4 different clusters in a random position on the inner 5x5 area. The wilds are form 4 at a time until you get a win.
- God of Guarding feature – 7 wilds are created with 1 wild appearing on each row.
There’s more! All winning symbols will grow the Runes of Valhalla Bonus feature – there’s up to 5 different Rune stone symbol winning combos to be formed. If you collect at least 1 Rune Stone symbol combination and clear the current active pattern, you’ll trigger the feature.
You then get to spin a wheel where you hit any field with an active and lit rune to win the corresponding bonus amount. The more symbols the collect, the better your chances of winning the bonus amount.
Viking Runecraft may sound complicated but it’s quite simple once you get spinning – I found my biggest wins coming from the God of Thunder feature and God of Guarding feature due to a high potential number of wilds added to the grid. It’s a high variance title with maximum wins of up to 5,000 times your stake on each spin! If you like the Norse theme, Yggdrasil Gaming’s Viking go Berzerk or Microgaming’s Thunderstruck II are recommended.