Valhalla has been produced by betdigital in co-operation with NextGen Gaming – it comes with 5 reels and 10 paylines and can be played from as little as 10p to as much as £200 per spin. Playable on all devices, it has a Norse mythology theme and is all about the expanding wild.
Visually, Valhalla has cartoon style graphics and is rather simple. Symbols on the reels include playing cards (A, K, Q, J and 10) as well as helmets, horns, shields and axes as well as longships – the latter is the most lucrative symbol giving you 250 times your stake for 5 across a payline.
Valkyrie, 1 of Odin’s maidens, is the wild symbol – she substitutes for all other symbols and appears only on the middle reel. Below the reel set, you will see a Valhalla Spins button – here you choose your Valhalla Spins level by selecting using the up and down arrows. You can play up to 10 times your stake.
When you play the Valhalla Spins feature, the wild becomes expanding which fills the middle reel – depending on your stake, you may be awarded a number of respins if your original spin resulted in a winning combination. Here are the details:
- At 2 times your stake, you will benefit from an expanding wild on reel 3
- At 4 times your stake, you will benefit from an expanding wild on reel 3 plus 1 respin
- At 6 times your stake, you will benefit from an expanding wild on reel 3 plus 2 respins
- At 8 times your stake, you will benefit from an expanding wild on reel 3 plus 3 respins
- At 10 times your stake, you will benefit from an expanding wild on reel 3 plus 4 respins and a win multiplier
On the highest level, a win multiplier is active during the respins – your 1st win is paid at 1x with the 2nd win paid at 2x. The 3rd win has a 3x multiplier and the 4th win has a 4x multiplier.
Valhalla is quite a simple slot in reality and it’s about the Valhalla Spins feature – if playing at minimum stakes and at the highest Valhalla Spins level, your stake will be £1. However, it does give you the chance to get an expanding wild, 4 respins and multipliers up to 4x. I found it to be a medium variance game with big wins coming using the Valhalla Spins feature naturally.