Flame is powered by NextGen Gaming and has 5 reels and 20 paylines. Playable from 15p to £150 a spin on all devices, this mesmerising and unpredictable offering comes with a free spins feature as well as 7 exciting mini features that can apply on each free spin.
Visually, its based on fire but they give off a blue and purple glow – comforting and mesmerising, symbols on the reels include hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades as well as shiny flames, teardrops, lightning bolts and leaves. There are also creatures (the Lion, Wolf or Eagle)– the Lion is the most lucrative giving you 250 coins for 5 across a payline. The Flame girl is the wild symbol and replaces all symbols bar the Bonus scatter – it only appears on the 3 middle reels.
When it comes to bonus features, Flame benefits from 7 mini features which trigger randomly in the base game. Here’s what to expect:
- Cross Flare Mini-feature: Flames rise up to open the right to left pay direction meaning you’ll get win both ways combinations.
- Flare Up Mini-feature: Flames rise up to give you wild multipliers of 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x or 10x for your current spin.
- Fire Whirl Mini-feature: Flames rise up to cover up to 5 reels. All Lion, Wolf or Eagle symbols that are covered by the Flame will give you a cash prize of up to 20 times your stake for each.
- Live Embers Mini-feature: Embers rise up from the Flame to burn all Heart, Diamond, Club and Spade symbols on reel 2 and/or reel 3 and/or reel 4 and make them wild.
- Spontaneous Combustion Mini-feature: the Flame heats up and upgrades all lesser picture symbols to 1 of the most rewarding symbols for bigger wins. Basically, all fire, lightning, water and leaf symbols transform into the lion, wolf or eagle symbol.
- Wild Inferno Mini-feature: this can be triggered when at least 1 wild appears on the reels. You will get 1 free re-spin for each wild on the reels with the wilds expanding to give you a wild. Each new wild that appears give you 1 re-spin as well as sticky wild reels.
- Firestorm Mini-feature: Flames rise up and see all wild and bonus symbols on the 3 middle reels combine to give you a Wild-Bonus symbol. This symbol replaces all symbols are gives you the chance to trigger the Free Games feature.
The Free Games feature is access when you get 3 Bonus scatters anywhere on the reels – you’ll receive 15 free spins. You can also retrigger giving you up to 30 free spins in total but the 7 mini-features trigger more frequently for enhanced wins – this means you could end up with a 10x wild multiplier on each free spin!
Overall, Flame looks superb and has enough going on to keep you entertained – it’s all about the 7 mini-features which are in play in the base game and Free Games feature. I personally like the Flare Up Mini-feature due to the possibility of a 10x wild multiplier as it’s the most rewarding.
This can lead to wins of 1,213 times your stake on each spin/free spin. It’s a medium to high variance title so be tread carefully. If you like the fire theme, WMS’ Fire Queen and Play ‘N Go’s Leprechaun goes to Hell are recommended.