Jumanji is powered by Net Entertainment and has 5 reels and 36 paylines. Playable from 10p to £200 a spin on desktop, mobile and tablet devices, the game is based on the original Jumanji movie and comes with random features, a Board Game with 4 different free spins features and a Mystery feature amongst others. It’s a blockbuster offering like the classic film!
Played on a geometric reel set where the reels are 3, 4, 5, 4 and 3 symbols high, Jumanji looks fantastic – set in the jungle, symbols on the reels include A, K, Q and J playing cards as well as various animals like pelicans, crocodiles, rhinoceroses and lions. The latter is the most valuable symbol giving you 14 times your stake for 5 across a payline. There’s also a wild symbol which replaces all symbols bar the scatter (more on this below).
When it comes to bonus features, Jumanji has plenty – in the base game, there are 4 randomly triggered features. They are as follows:
- Sticky Vines feature – you are awarded re-spins which increase your win. All symbols that are part of a winning combination stick to the reels with the other symbols respinning – this lead to more winning symbols being added. The re-spins continue until no new winning combinations are formed or until the whole reel set is filled.
- Monsoon Wilds feature – 1 or 2 reels become wild reels with the reels spinning.
- Monkey Mayhem feature – all symbols shuffle randomly to create a guaranteed winning combination.
- Wild Stampede feature – rhinos stampede the reels with the reels spinning. In the process, between 4 and 9 wild symbols are added to the reels.
Jumanji is all about the Board Game which is accessed when 3 or more Jumanji board game scatter symbols appear anywhere on the reels in the base game – you then roll 2 six-sided dice which moves your token along the board (like in the film). 3, 4 or 5 scatters will give you 6, 7 or 8 dice rolls respectively. This can lead you to access to 1 of 4 free spins features, the Mystery feature, extra rolls and cash prizes.
Each free spin feature is located at each corner of the board game – when your token lands on 1 of the 2 locations in front of a feature, you will play that feature. Once you’ve activated a feature, the corresponding locations will reward you with extra dice rolls if you land on them again. Anyway, here are details of the features:
- Vines Free Spins feature – you get 10 free spins with re-spins if you get a winning combination. It works like the Sticky Vines feature in the base game. However, vines will grab hold of wilds and keep them in position for the duration of the feature.
- Monsoon Free Spins feature – you get 7 free spins with the Monsoon Wilds feature coming into play. You’ll benefit from 1 or 2 wild reels on each free spin.
- Monkey Free Spins feature – you get 6 free spins with the Monkey Mayhem feature applying. This means that symbols randomly shuffler to give you guaranteed wins on every free spin.
- Stampede Free Spins feature – you get 5 free spins with the Wild Stampede feature applying – between 4 and 9 wilds are added on each free spin.
You also have the Mystery feature where you will see a carousel of free spins features, cash prizes of between 2 and 10 times your stake as well as 2 extra dice rolls in the Jumanji circle. You can also land on Coin Wins where you will win between 1 and 5 times your stake and Extra Rolls which gives you an extra roll of the 2 dice.
Visually superb, I like the fact NetEnt have made a slot based on the original Jumanji film as it’s a classic and very much loved today. In terms of the gameplay, it’s entertaining and has plenty of bonus features to keep you occupied. I like the Wild Stampede feature and Stampede Free Spins feature as getting up to 9 wilds can be highly lucrative.
It’s a low to medium variance title with maximum wins of 504 times your stake on each spin/free spin which is decent – entertainment wise, it’s very good and worth playing if you loved the original movie. If you like movie themed slots, Planet of the Apes (also by NetEnt) is a super choice and is based on Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes!