Finn and the Swirly Spin is powered by Net Entertainment and is a Cluster Pays slot which is played on a 5×5 grid. Playable from 10p to £200 a spin on desktop, mobile and tablet devices, you are taken to the Emerald Isle with a magical leprechaun that rewards you with plenty of bonus features.
Visually, Finn and the Swirly Spin takes you a mystical place where you’ll encounter leprechauns – with a magical theme, you will see the leprechaun Finn below the reels. Symbols on the reels include spades, hearts, 4-leaf clovers, lucky horseshoes, acorns and rubies. The latter is the most reward giving you 50 times your stake for 5 on a payline. The star is the wild symbol and replaces all symbols bar the key scatter – more on the wild below.
Finn and the Swirly Spin uses a Spin Mechanic. The game is played out on a 5×5 grid set containing 25 spaces – 25 symbols appear and are independent from each other. A win is comprised of any horizontal/vertical line of 3 or more of the same symbol.
When you get a winning combination, the contributing symbols are destroyed with the remaining symbols falling into the vacated spaces – i.e. avalanches. Symbols from the higher numbered spaces move to the next lowest numbered space in the direction of the arrow – this allows you to win again and again from each spin.
Back to the wild symbol – you can form wins with or without the star wild symbol. If you get a win with a wild symbol, the wild will explode and destroy the symbols on the same row or column. This gives you the chance to win time and time again.
In the base game, you can benefit from 4 random features – let’s take a look at them below:
- Starfall Wilds Random feature: adds 2 to 5 more wilds on the reels
- Dragon Destroy Random feature: destroys a random number of symbols which gives you another avalanche
- Irish Luck Random feature: horizontal/vertical line of 1 type of symbol is added to give you a guaranteed win
- Magic Transform Random feature: transforms all space/heart symbols into a higher paying symbol
Now, if a Free Spins Key scatter symbol appears in the centre position after all wins/avalanches have taken place, you will be awarded a free spins feature. There are 4 to choose from and they correspond to 1 of the random features. You need to collect a certain number of keys to access them. Here’s all the info:
- Star Bar Free Spins feature (1 key to unlock) – you will get 7 Star Bar free spins with 2 to 5 wilds added on every free spin
- Lava Lair Free Spins feature (4 keys to unlock) – you get 3 Lava Lair fee spins with a random number of symbols destroyed on each free spin to give you a win and another avalanche. Furthermore, a sticky wild appears in place of the key symbol.
- Lucky Mug Free Spins feature (9 keys to unlock) – you get 4 Lucky Mug free spins with a horizontal/vertical line of 1 type of symbol added for guaranteed wins on every free spin
- Golden Pot Free Spins feature (16 keys to unlock) – you get 2 Golden Pot free spins with all space/heart symbols transforming into a higher value symbol on each free spin
Finn and the Swirly Spin is quite simple once you get going – it’s definitely unique and innovative which is a good thing. I found it to be a medium variance game which decent wins possible throughout – you can win up to 420 times your stake on each of the random features and 500 times your stake on each free spin on each of the free spins features.
All in all, Finn and the Swirly Spin looks superb and is innovative – it has good win potential and is sure to offer you a unique playing experience. If you like the theme, I recommend you play some other popular Irish themed slots such as Barcrest’s Rainbow Riches and Quickspin’s Leprechaun Hills.