Emoji Planet is a 5 reel, Clusters pays slot with 6 rows from Net Entertainment. Playable from 20p to £200 per spin across desktop, mobile and tablet devices, you are taken to a world of emojis where you’ll benefit from Avalanches for consecutive wins for each spin. There’s also 5 bonus features to play!
Emoji Planet is based on the phenomenon that are emojis – people send millions of them to each other each day via their smartphone and tablet devices. Visually, the game looks superb with 8 emojis as symbols on the reels – they include 2 hearts, bombs, pizza slices, kiss marks, rockets, poo, aliens and smiley faces. The highest value symbol is the smiley face which rewards you with 500 times your stake for 30 on the reel set. There’s also a star wild symbol which appears anywhere and substitutes for all symbols.
The game uses the Avalanche feature which is also found in Gonzo’s Quest (also by NetEnt) – basically, symbols fall into positions instead of spinning. In order to get a winning combo, you need to form clusters of symbols of 5 or more symbols – the more you get, the bigger your wins.
When you get a cluster win, you will start an Avalanche – the winning symbols then explode and disappear to be leave spaces which are then populated with new symbols. This gives you the chance to win again and again from each spin/Avalanche.
Emoji Planet comes with 5 Emoji Meters: the Bomb Meter, the Pizza Meter, the Kiss Mark Meter, the Rocket Meter and the Two Hearts Meter. When you destroy a symbol, the corresponding Emoji Meter is filled by 1 space. When an Emoji Meter is filled up by 12 spaces, the corresponding Emoji feature is triggered.
To track your progress, you will see a sticker on each Emoji Meter. You need to fill relevant meters on each spin though. Here are the details of the 5 Emoji features:
- Bomb feature – 8 random symbols are destroyed and a random cash prize of between 5 and 100 times your stake is awarded for each symbol that is destroyed.
- Pizza feature – a 3×3 overlay of a randomly chosen symbol, bar the scatter, randomly appears on the reels.
- Kiss Mark feature – 3 sticky wilds are randomly added and remain on the reel set. Each sticky wild has 3 lives and when 1 of them is part of a winning combo, it loses a life meaning you’ll get 3 wins for each sticky wild.
- Rocket feature – a stack of 10 wilds appear on and above 1 of the reels with a winning combo. In the following Avalanche, new wilds from the stack land on the reels until no more wilds remain.
- Two Hearts feature – this is only played when no more winning combos or no other Emoji features are activated. Your total win depends on the number of times the meter is filled up plus 1.
Emoji Planet is surely fun and entertainment with lots going on – it’s quite simple once you get going when potential wins of 5,000 times your stake on each cascade/Avalanche! I found it to be a medium variance offering with good wins in the base game (due to the Avalanche feature) and the 5 Emoji features. All round, a good and unique game from NetEnt!