Arcane: Reel Chaos is a 5 reel, 3 row, 20 payline slot from Net Entertainment that is based on 4 superheroes who aim to protect their city from the evil Deep Pockets. Playable on all devices from 20p to £20 a spin, the heroes can appear randomly in the base game to give you wild reels, random wilds, multipliers up to 5x and re-spins with multipliers up to 10x. There’s also a multi-stage free spins feature where the multiplier increases up to 4x.
Arcane: Reel Chaos: Demo
Where to play Arcane: Reel Chaos slot
Visually, Arcane: Reel Chaos is rather nice – set within the ruins of what appears to be a church, you will see A, K, Q, J and 10 card values as well as superheroes Flare, Zero. X, Chrono and Psyop. The evil Deep Pockets is also present and is the most rewarding symbol – 3, 4 or 5 on a payline will give you 1.75, 7.5 or 50 times your total stake. There’s also a wild symbol that substitutes for all symbols bar the scatters.
Arcane: Reel Chaos benefits from randomly triggered base game features – each based on the superheroes:
- Psyop’s Stacked Wilds feature – when Psyop appears on a base game spin, 3 stacked wild overlays are created to cover a whole reel. These can appear on 2 or 3 reels to give you 2 or 3 wild reels.
- Zero. X’s Overlay Wilds feature – when Zero. X appears during the base game spin, 3 to 5 wilds are added randomly to the reels.
- Flare’s Multiplier feature – when Flare appears in the base game, the multiplier increases wins by 3x, 4x or even 5x.
- Chrono’s Re-Spin feature – Chrono can appear at random after a non-winning base game spin. You’ll then get a respin on all 5 reels with the re-spins continuing until you get a winning combination. With each re-spin, a progressive multiplier applies ranging from 2x up to 10x (the multiplier increases by 1 with each re-spin).
Arcane: Reel Chaos also comes with a Free Spins feature – this is triggered when you get 3 scatter symbols simultaneously on reels 1, 3 and 5. Here, the heroes take on Deep Pockets in up to 4 different stages.
- In stage 1, Deep Pockets has 2 health points and a 1x multiplier
- In stage 2, Deep Pockets has 4 health points and a 2x multiplier
- In stage 3, Deep Pockets has 5 health points and a 3x multiplier
- In stage 4, Deep Pockets has 6 health points and a 4x multiplier
If the hero passes the final stage, an extra prize, known as the Victory Bonus, is won.
Arcane: Reel Chaos certainly looks good – variance wise its medium to high. You can win 491.5 times your stake from the Zero. X’s Overlay Wilds feature, 483.75 times your stake from the Psyop’s Stacked Wilds feature and 516.25 times your stake from the Flare’s Multiplier feature. The best of the random base game features is the Chrono’s Re-Spin feature where wins of 1,212.5 times your stake can be achieved (with the 10x multiplier). On any spin, you could fill the reels with the high value Deep Pockets character to win 1,000 times your stake – add in the potential 10x multiplier from the Chrono’s Re-Spin feature and this could result in a 10,000 times stake payout!
Overall, Arcane: Reel Chaos is lovely to look out and has plenty of bonus features to keep things interesting. I really like this game as it can pay out quite nicely in all features. If you want bigger potential wins, NetEnt’s Dead or Alive II is a must. If it’s superheroes you’re after, Yggdrasil Gaming’s Super Heroes should do the trick.