Avalon 2: Demo
Where to Play Avalon 2 Slot
New customers only. Min deposit £10. Wagering 40x bonus. Max bet £5 with bonus funds. 100% up to £100. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. No max cash out on deposit offers. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Skrill or Neteller. Full T&Cs apply #ad
18+ new players only. Minimum deposit: £20. Maximum £100 bonus. Max bet with an active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match bonus: 30 times sum of deposit + bonus. Max redeemable from welcome bonus: £500. 100 Free Spins are given out 20 per day on Book of Dead for 5 days in a row, log in each day is required. Max Free Spins winnings: £100. Winnings from Free Spins are credited as bonus money with a wagering requirement of 45 times. Free Spins expire after 3 days. Some games may not be played with a bonus. Games may contribute differently when wagering a bonus. Play Responsibly! www.begambleaware.org. #ad
18+. New players only. £10 min deposit. £5 Max Bet using bonus. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 30 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max free spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. www.begambleaware.org #ad
Avalon 2 Slot RTP, Details & Wager Limits
The Avalon 2 slot is played using a simple 5 reel, 3 row, 243 ways to win machine. To create a winner, land 3 or more matching symbols or wilds on adjacent reels, starting from reel 1.
Stake levels here start at 30p per spin, rising to a maximum of £7.50 per spin. Click on the Autoplay button below the reels and pick the number of autospins you wish to run. It’s very simple to do.
The Avalon 2 RTP is 95.92% which is slightly below the 96% average. The hit frequency rate is 38.64% meaning over 1 in 3 spins will give you a winning outcome. The volatility here is in the medium range. When it comes to payouts, you can win up to 16,200 x your total stake per spin.
Theme – Audio and Design Features – go on a quest for the grail
The Avalon 2: The Quest for the Grail slot (the official title) first hit the online casino shelves in January 2014 and despite its relatively veteran status, the design here has stood up pretty well. It doesn’t have the high def specs you’ll find from the latest slot releases but the visuals are more than good enough to play.
With an Arthurian legend theme, it is based on the legendary island where King Arthur’s Excalibur sword was forged. The orchestral score could come straight out of a movie adaptation. It has an epic sweep and delivers plenty of atmosphere. It’s might be an oldie but the sound and visuals here still impress in a retro kind of way.
The reels are made up of slightly blocky A to 9 royals alongside a cast of characters from Arthurian legend including Queen Guinevere, Merlin and of course, Arthur himself. King Arthur is the highest paying symbol giving you 33.33 x your total stake for 5 in combination.
The Avalon 2 logo is the wild symbol. This substitutes for all symbols except the Lady of the Lake and the scatter. Importantly, it pays 66.66 x your total stake for 5 on a payline.
This slice of Arthurian legend is available to play on all devices including computer, tablet and smartphone. The Avalon 2 mobile slot offers the same massive range of extras as the desktop version.
Bonus Features in Avalon 2
If you like plenty of variety when it comes to bonuses and features, you’ve come to the right place in the Avalon 2 online slot. There are loads of extras here starting with a pair of modifiers. The action can really rev up during the Grail Bonus though where there are 8 potential feature rounds to work through as you try and track down the famous Holy Grail.
Random Base Game features
Avalon 2 comes with a pair of randomly triggered modifiers that can strike on any base game spin. Here’s what they offer you:
- Merlin feature: here, the wise old wizard appears and with a wave of his staff conjures up an instant cash prize of up to 20 x stake on a losing spin or a multiplier boost of 2x or 4x on a winning spin.
- Lady of the Lake feature: when she appears on the middle reel, she turns into an expanding wild and turns the whole of that reel wild.
Grail Bonus features
Land 3 or more Grail scatter symbols on the same spin to activate the Grail Bonus. This is a quest where the goal is to claim the Grail and safely return it to Avalon.
To complete your quest, you’ll work through a variety of bonus features. Features are unlocked in succession after you have triggered the Grail Bonus a specific numbers of times. Here’s what they entail:
- Lake of Legend Bonus feature: in this unusual dice game fragments of the famous sword are shown with numbers attached. Roll the dice to win multiplier prizes equal to their value. For example, a 2 on the dice awards 2x. If you land a number that matches part of the sword, that fragment is added to the forge. If you manage to get all 6 fragments of Excalibur, you’ll get a bonus of 15 x stake on top of the standard dice payouts.
- Misty Vale Bonus feature: here, you’ll play 15 free spins. Before the round starts, you’ll pick a high value symbol. This will become a wild during the feature. Wins featuring this symbol also benefit from a 2x multiplier.
- Whispering Woods Bonus feature: this is a take it or leave it-style pick me round. Choose a shield. You’ll then be offered a cash prize which you can choose to accept or reject. Prizes here range from between 10 and 160 x stake. Keep picking until you accept an offer.
- Forest Falls Bonus feature: this is a second free spins feature. Here, you’ll get 20 free spins with trailing wilds. Land a wild on row 1 or 2 of a reel and it drops down with each free spin until it reaches the bottom of that reel. That stacks of wilds locks in place for a free spin before falling off that reel completely.
- Dusky Moors Bonus feature: this is a Pick and Match Bonus. Find matching helmet symbols to reveal multiplier prizes worth up to 20 x stake. Non-matching picks increases the size of the multipliers when you do find them.
- Morgan’s Keep Bonus feature: here, you’ll get to play 20 free spins, complete with Rolling Reels. Each successive Reel Roll increases a multiplier by 1, up to a maximum of 6x.
- Hall of Shadows Bonus feature: in this round, you’ll go into battle with the Black Knight. Each move you carry out in this battle awards a cash bonus.
- Isle of Avalon Bonus feature: the final round is a classic spin the wheel feature. The wheel here is made up of 4 concentric rings made up of numbers. The numbers from each will give you your multiplier award. To unlock the 4th wheel, you’ll need to land a 0 on the third. That’s extremely tricky to do but it can lead to some potentially massive rewards.
Avalon 2 Review Summary – 1 of Microgaming’s most popular slots and for good reason
With all the features on offer, the Avalon 2 slot sounds quite complicated. In reality, it’s actually a very straightforward game to play. That variety of bonus feature keeps things fresh and you shouldn’t get bored stuck playing the same old features over and over again.
Despite being released in 2014, the graphics still look good and tie in nicely with the Arthurian legend theme. If you love your slots, you will notice some of the sounds are the same as the Immortal Romance slot (also by Microgaming). The epic story does evoke emotion and intrigue.
The biggest wins will come from the free spins features, especially where the multipliers are concerned. I particularly like the Morgan’s Keep Bonus feature as you can play many free spins with a 6x multiplier. The max win of 16,200 x stake per spin is also very appealing.
The Avalon 2: The Quest for the Grail slot remains a popular game despite its old age for a good reason. If you like the Arthurian theme, this is a quest that remains well worth making. Another option would be The Sword and the Grail slot by Play ‘n GO which offers 10,000 x stake wins on every free spin.
Avalon 2 FAQs
What is the Avalon 2 RTP?
The Avalon 2 return to player rate is 95.92% which is about average. You won’ have to wait long for a win as the hit frequency is 38.64%. The variance is in the middle so nicely balanced.
What is the Avalon 2 max win?
The biggest possible win in Avalon 2 is a whopping 16,200 x your total stake. Your chances increase in the Morgan’s Keep Bonus feature which can give you a multiplier up to 6x on each free spin.
Is there an Avalon 2 free spins feature?
Yes, there are actually 3 free spins features which can be accessed via the Grail Bonus. They come with Rolling Reels and increasing multipliers, an extra wild with a 2x multiplier and trailing wilds.
Is there an Avalon 2 mobile slot?
Yes. Avalon 2 can be played on mobile and tablet devices, as well as desktop. The simple 5×3 layout works rather well on smartphones. The epic soundtrack and graphics look great on handheld devices too.