A gang of hairy cartoon critters are the stars of Furballs, a feature-heavy slot from Core Gaming. Played on a 7×7 grid, each Furball comes with its own mini feature. Also on offer is a bonus round that offers up to 30 free falls with random multipliers of between 2x and 6x. Play, on all devices, from between 10p and £100 per spin.
The design in Furballs is simple but works pretty well – the reels are made up of a 7×7 grid with winning combinations created by landing 5 or more of the same symbol in a touching cluster (this can be both vertically, horizontally or a combination of both). After a winner is created, the successful symbols are removed and new symbols drop into their place. These free falls continue as long as a new winning combination is landed.
Look out too for the energy ball which pops surrounding symbols, the lightning ball which removes symbols horizontally and vertically and the virus ball which removes any touching Furballs from the grid. In each case, a new free fall follows.
Every time you land a winner, you’ll add to the winning symbol’s meter to the left of the reels. Once you’ve filled the meter, you win the associated prize:
- Furball Heights (Green) feature – pick from the Wiggy Furballs to reveal a conker and no win or a cash prize.
- Wild Fire (Red) feature – extra wilds are brought into play in this round which continues until all of the free falls are finished.
- Skid Row (Blue) feature – work your way through an icy maze and collect cash prizes as you go.
- Nut Drop (Orange) feature – move Anita the Furball left and right to catch acorns which deliver cash awards.
- Mine Raider (Purple) feature – collect gems along the trail and win instant cash prizes.
- Rolling Hills (Yellow) feature – bounce Roland the Furball up and down the platforms and collect gemstones and coins.
Furballs also comes with the equivalent of a free spins round – the Free Falls feature. Land 3, 4, 5 or 6 connected Free Fall symbols and you’ll receive 8, 10, 12 or 15 free falls. All wins landed during these free falls are boosted by a multiplier that can be anything from 2x right up to 6x. Landing 3 or more connected Free Fall symbols adds even more free falls/spins to your total. Finally, you’ll have a chance at winning a progressive jackpot – after your last Free Fall, a jackpot tree is shown. If all 7 leaves fall and spell the word jackpot, you’ll win the big one!
Combining a traditional slot with social and video game elements, Furballs offers something a little different. The symbol drop reels offer plenty of base game play and there’s lots of features to get stuck into. If you’re looking for a traditional fruity, you might be slightly baffled by what’s on offer in Furballs.
Furballs won’t be for everyone. It’s well designed though and provides a change from many traditional slots. If you’re after something that straddles social games and slots mediums then this should do the trick. I also recommend you try some of Core Gaming’s other titles with Reels of Fire recommended.