Take to the road with an animal equivalent of The Beatles in The Penguins World Tour. Powered by Blueprint Gaming, this 5 reel, 40 to 100 payline slot comes with a range of modifiers as well as 6 different free spin rounds, each of which offers extra goodies including multipliers, stacked, sticky and roaming wilds and much else besides. Join the Fab 4 from between 50p and £500 per spin.
The Penguins World Tour starts at a zoo in London – joining the band on the reels are lower value A to 9 playing cards, a lobster-shaped suitcase, a guitar in the shape of a fish and a bird-shaped airship. There’s also a Hollywood Star. The Penguins symbol is the top payer, offering awards of up to 500 coins per payline. It can land fully stacked on all 5 reels. Look out too for the wild – this can hit on all reels, replaces all other symbols bar the scatter and also offers payouts of up to 500 coins.
Like regular plane passengers, you can collect Penguin Miles – you’ll be awarded an initial balance and can then add to it via the randomly triggered Pick A Fish bonus game. Keep tabs of how much you’ve got via the meter in the top left corner of the reels. Once you’ve collected enough Penguin Miles, you can spend them on modifier extras:
- Multiplier – the payouts from the next spin are boosted by multipliers of up to 5x.
- Winning Spin – you’re guaranteed to land a winner on the next spin.
- Streak Spin – land a winner on the spin that follows and it’s held. Re-spins follow. These continue as long as a new matching symbol or wild are added to the original cluster.
- Expanding Wilds – on the spin that follows, you’ll receive at least 1 stacked wild.
- Bonus Add – an extra bonus symbol is added making it that much easier to trigger the free spins feature.
- Super Penguin Spin – the reels on the next spin will include only blanks and the highest value, stacked Penguins symbol.
- Bonus Buy – if you have enough Penguin Miles, you can buy into the Free Spins feature directly.
You can also trigger the Free Spins feature in a more traditional manner by landing the Bonus symbol on reels 1, 2 and 3 on the same spin. The bonus round transports a player to 1 of 6 locations. Each location comes with extra goodies:
- London – watch out here for the bus which can drive onto the reels and deposit a selection of mystery symbols which transform into the same matching symbol.
- Paris – choose from the drum kits to confirm the number of free spins, multipliers and wilds you’ve been awarded. The selected number of wilds will appear on each spin, moving position on each free spin. Land 2 kissing penguins and they’ll transform into special mystery symbols.
- New York City – 10 free spins are on offer here. Boosting your winning chances are sticky wilds and re-spins.
- Macau – choose playing cards to reveal the number of free spins, multipliers and transforming symbols you’ve been awarded. Keep a special eye out for the puffer fish here which can land on any free spin and turn symbols wild.
- Sydney – during the free spins Down Under, The Penguins can hit the reels on a jet ski and turn up to 4 reels wild.
- Kingston – 10 free spins are awarded in the Jamaican stop. The Rasta-style penguin removes a lower value playing card symbol from the reels whenever he appears. Look out too for the Colossal Symbols which can create some great winning opportunities.
If you have enough, you can spend your Penguin Miles on a Bonus round upgrade:
- Premium Economy – upgrade here and you’ll receive between 2 and 5 extra free spins.
- Business – the standard 40 payline reel set up is expanded to 100 paylines if you pay for this extra.
- First Class – opt for this and a location specific upgrade is offered.
- Dream Class – this activates all 3 of the Premium Economy, First Class and Dream Class extras.
The Penguins have managed to pack in plenty of extras on this World Tour. If you like variety in your play, then you’ll find plenty to like here. The feature round triggers at regular intervals and the added extras spice up the action nicely. The Penguin Miles aren’t a cheap option but can deliver, especially if you acquire enough for a bonus upgrade.
The design is nicely done too with the action playing out to a 1960s-style soundtrack. The theme is certainly a little corny. If you can see past that, there is some very solid gameplay on offer here. Combining high end visuals with a fine range of features, The Penguins World Tour is a show well worth seeing. I also recommend IGT’s Wheel of Fortune On Tour where you visit many iconic locations in the USA.