Hey you guys! The Goonies is a 5 reel, 20 payline slot from Blueprint Gaming that is based on Steven Spielberg’s 1980’s iconic film of the same name. Playable from 10p to £10 per spin on all devices, it comes with 6 randomly triggered bonus features as well as clips from the film and 6 main bonus features. It offers you mystery symbols, wilds, Colossal Reels, wild reels, free spins, cash prizes and much, much more. Join the gang in this brilliant, feature-packed offering.
Visually, The Goonies is played against the map used in the film. Symbols on the reels include A, K, Q and J royals as well as pirate ships, treasure chests, skeletons (One-Eyed Willy), pirate flags and scales full of gold coins. The most valuable symbol is the pirate flag which is super stacked and gives you payouts of 50 times your stake for 5 on a payline. The medallion is the wild and replaces all symbols bar the bonus scatter – 5 of these will also give you 50 times your stake.
When it comes to bonus features, The Goonies benefits from a bucket load! Look out for the One-Eyed Willy’s Riches symbol because this can start glowing to reward you with 1 of 6 modifiers/bonus features. They are as follows:
- One-Eyed Willy’s Bonus Boost feature – additional bonus symbols can appear to trigger the main bonus features.
- Mouth’s Lucky Coins feature – the Gold Coin mystery symbol chooses a symbol randomly. Any spin where a gold coin lands on the reels, a symbol is chosen to be displayed in every coin for bigger wins.
- Chunk’s Truffle Shuffle feature – wilds can overlay the reels turning positions wild.
- Data’s Colossal Symbols feature – 3 adjacent reels can become a Colossal Reel displaying the same symbol.
- Mikey’s Hidden Treasure feature – any of the reels can become wild reels.
- Sloth’s Win Spin feature – you are guaranteed a big winning combination.
Furthermore, a losing spin can randomly become a winning spin in the base game. On a losing spin, a scythe appears which resets the reels into a win – furthermore, a cave collapse can occur to give you a winning combination.
Now, The Goonies also comes with 6 One-Eyed- Willy’s Bonus features – this can accessed via the One-Eyed Willy’s Bonus Boost feature randomly in the base game or by getting 3 or more One-Eyed Willy bonus scatters anywhere on the reels. You then spin a wheel which stops on 1 of the 6 features – here’s what to expect:
- Fratelli’s Hideout Bonus feature – you pick a key to win a cash prize, end the feature or the hidden tunnel where you can get access to win 1 of the other 5 bonus features.
- Skeleton Organ Bonus feature – you pick organ keys to reveal an icon. Each character will match up to a stake multiplier. You can reveal an upgrade icon which gives you bigger stake multipliers or another bonus feature. If you collect 3 keys, you will unlock the door to an additional bonus feature. If you reveal the Skull and Crossbones, the feature will end if you lose 3 lives.
- Super Sloth Free Spins feature – you will come across a new set of reels featuring the Fratelli family. If a Super Sloth Wild lands, any Fratelli symbol transform into the top-paying symbol. At the end of the free spins, you have 1 more chance to win prizes – you choose a chest to win more free spins, end the feature a spin of the wheel to play another feature.
- Goonies Go Wild Free Spins feature – at the beginning of each free spin (after the first one), 1 of the top symbols transforms into a wild. At the end of the free spins, you can more prizes – you pick from the Copperpot Doubloons to end the feature, get 5 extra free spins with all Goonies symbols wild or a spin of the wheel to play another feature.
- Inferno Free Spins feature – at the beginning of each free spin, the inferno moves across the reels from right to left turning between 1 and 3 reels fully wild. Like the other free spins features, you can win more prizes which include a retrigger.
- One-Eyed Willy’s Treasure feature – you will see cash values when spin and then come to a stop. These will give you stake multipliers. This feature carries on until the booby trap is triggered on the scales.
Well, have you caught your breath yet? With a massive 12 bonus features on offer, The Goonies definitely delivers. It’s superbly designed and offers good winning potential throughout – medium variance, the best winning potential comes with the main bonus features.
I particularly like the Super Sloth Free Spins feature as Fratelli symbols can become the top-paying symbol making it easier to achieve the maximum 500 times stake payout on each free spin. The same applies in the Goonies Go Wild Free Spins feature as symbols become wild. The best is the Inferno Free Spins feature in my opinion due to the possibility of 3 wild reels on every free spin.
All in all, Blueprint Gaming has excelled with The Goonies – much like the film, the slot is excellent. All that’s left is for you to join the gang in this epic movie slot – hey you guys!