Spinal Tap: Demo
Best Casinos to play Spinal Tap Slot
The design here is pretty much what you’d expect from a heavy metal themed slot. The reels are set against a stage and black and purple dominate the colour scheme. Joining the lower value A to J are the 4 members of the band. The best standard symbol is the Spinal Tap logo which spins fully stacked on all reels - land 7 on adjacent reels and you’ll pocket 16.66 times your stake.
How do you land 7 if this is a 5 reel slot we hear you ask - well, the extra reels become active when Rock Mode goes live. Rock Mode feature - the spin button is like a volume control. When the pointer gets all the way to 11, Rock Mode becomes active. This adds 2 extra reels and offers 2,187 ways to win. A large vinyl record then appears on screen. Depending on where the needle points, you’ll receive 1 of the following modifier extras:
- Heavy Duty Wilds feature - these can turn whole reels wild with possible multipliers.
- Wild Sparks feature - a random selection of symbol positions turn wild.
- Rock 'n' Roll Spins feature - this is a streak respin which keeps on coming as long as a new matching symbol joins the cluster
- Bonus Odyssey feature - extra bonus symbols are added to each reel, boosting you chances of winning one of the feature rounds.
If you wish, you can activate Rock Mode for a fee equal to 50 times your stake.
Landing 3 or more Bonus symbol triggers the Bonus Picker round. Choose from the vinyl to decide which feature you’ll receive. If you trigger the round with 4 or more scatters, the lowest value bonus features are removed from the picker. If you don’t like what you’ve been offered, you can gamble and try and land a better bonus feature. There are 7 bonuses in total:
- Double Platinum Bonus feature - this is a spin the wheel feature where you can win multiplier prizes or trigger the other bonus features on offer below.
- Don’t Fret It Bonus feature - choose boxes to win cash prizes in this classic pick me round.
- Record Deal Bonus feature - this is a Deal or No Deal style pick me round.
- Stairway to Hell Free Spins feature - 11 free spins are awarded if you land this round, complete with a special extra wild. The game machine can expand to a full 7 reels at random on any free spin. Skull symbols can boost payouts with multipliers of between 2x and 11x. Look out for the Amp symbol as 1 extra free spin is added to your total whenever it hits.
- Encore Free Spins feature - once again 11 free spins are on offer. Any wilds that land are added to the Encore Bank. On the final free spin, all of the collected wilds are added to the 7 reel, 2,187 ways to win machine for an Encore Spin.
- Stonehenge Free Spins feature - land this and you’ll get 11 free spins on the 2,187 ways to win machine. Special wild zones are added here. If a wild symbol lands in the wild zone, it stays locked in place for any free spins you have left. If all of the positions in a wild zone are filled with wilds, the number of free spins resets to 11.
- The World Tour Bonus feature - this is a trail feature that takes in stops in Europe, America and Japan. Spin the wheel to move along the trail and win prizes as you go. The goal is to reach the end of the trail and hit the Big Money Bonus - pick 1 of the band members who will reveal a multiplier of between 2x and 10x which is applied to your World Tour Bonus feature wins.
Blueprint Gaming certainly likes to pack plenty of extras into their slots and that’s the case in Spinal Tap. We’ve not seen a slot with quite this amount of bonus features and modifiers. You certainly won’t get bored hitting the same old extras here.
The design is well done and comes with a suitably rocktastic backing track. If you’re a fan of Rob Reiner’s classic movie or you’re just after a slot that delivers a wealth of extras, then Spinal Tap should keep you royally entertained. If you like your rock music, Jimi Hendrix by NetEnt is a good slot to play.