Join Shakespeare’s ill-fated lovers in Romeo & Juliet, a 5 reel, 20 payline slot based on the famous play. Created by Blueprint Gaming, this adaptation comes with plenty of extras. They include added wilds, free spins over 2 reel sets, a wheel of fortune and pick and win prizes of up to 100 times your stake. Play, on all devices, from between 20p and £500 per spin.
Set against a background that feature’s Juliet’s balcony and the Veronese night sky, the reels include lower value A to 10 royal values alongside red roses, doves and a coat of arms. The best of the standard symbols is the Romeo and Juliet logo which spins in a super stacked formation on all 5 reels. Land 5 of these on a payline for a 20 times stake payout.
The symbol featuring Romeo and Juliet is the wild – it replaces everything bar the bonus symbols and pays 25 times your stake if you land 5 in combination. When it comes to bonus features, Romeo & Juliet has plenty – on any spin, you could randomly trigger a Lovers Super Spin feature. There are 5 variations:
- Juliet Wilds – these symbols turn into wilds at the end of the spin. They can also double your payout
- Romeo Wilds – these symbols become wild too. They could also award a random re-spin
- Lovers Win Spin – this guarantees a winner featuring the top paying symbol
- 5 of a kind – you’re guaranteed to land a 5 of the kind winner
- Bonus – you’ll get an immediate trigger of 1 of the game’s main bonus features
The other way to get access to the 3 main bonus features is by landing 3 Bonus symbols in the base game – you then pick from 1 of the Poison awards to determine which feature you will play. Here’s what to expect:
- Star Crossed Lovers Free Spins feature – here you’ll receive 10 free spins which are played out over 2 machines. Star Crossed Lover Heart symbols that land on 1 reel set will duplicate and appear in the same position on the other reel set. These hearts then transform into matching symbols and a payout calculation is made.
- Juliet’s Wheel of Fortune feature – spin the wheel to collect multipliers which are then applied to your total stake. Hope to light up 3 hearts which increases the awards on offer. Make it to the Big Money inner wheel section where the really big prizes are on offer.
- Romeo’s Mystery Win feature – pick from the shields shown. If you find Juliet, you’ll win a cash prize. Keep picking until you choose a collect.
Blueprint Gaming certainly likes to pack plenty of features into its slots and Romeo & Juliet is no exception. If you like plenty of variety in your play, then you won’t go wrong here. The design isn’t the greatest that you’ll see but it’s all perfectly serviceable. It’s the ranges of extras that make the game playable. Expect to land them at regular intervals too.
Romeo & Juliet is one of Shakespeare’s most famous tragedies. This slot version isn’t quite a classic but it’s by no means tragic either. If you liked a good variety of features in your play, then this Shakespearean yarn is certainly worth looking up. I also recommend you try some of Blueprint Gaming’s other slots with Fortunes of Sparta 1 of their better efforts.