Paws of Fury is a Chinese themed slot from Blueprint Gaming. It’s a 5 reel, 20 to 40 payline game that comes with cartoon style visuals, 5 base game modifier extras and 5 main bonus features. Playable on all devices, stakes range from between 20p and £500 per spin.
The design in Paws of Fury is well done – red and gold imagery dominates the colour scheme. The reels are set in a temple style building and there’s pink blossom fluttering in the background. With the traditional soundtrack, it comes together rather well.
You’ll see Asian-style A to J playing cards spinning around the reels alongside a book, a bowl of noodles, a cat dressed in full martial arts kit and a pagoda-style building. Best of the standard symbols is the Paws of Fury logo which pays 500 coins if you land 5 on a payline.
That figure is also on offer from the paw print which is the game’s wild – it replaces everything apart from the panda scatter. Land 3 of the scatter and you’ll trigger the Panda Bonus feature – climb the ladder and you’ll be awarded 1 of the following features.
- Win Sum Dough feature – select matching barrels to win multiplier prizes. Find the special icon for bigger prizes or 3 golden pandas for the Big Money prize.
- Journey of the Panda feature – progress along the cash trail by picking lanterns. The further you make it, the bigger the potential rewards.
- Rise of the Panda Free Spins feature – these play out on a new reel set. Collect the Ying Yang coins during the free spins and move forward to more valuable reel sets. More free spins are awarded as you progress.
- Panda Warrior Free Spins feature – these are played out on a 40-payline reel set. Collect wilds as you spin then look forward to a special wild spin where the accumulated wilds are in play. Finally, pick from the lanterns for a chance of a re-spin.
- Enter The Panda Big Money Bonus feature – collect the orbs spinning round the panda and win big cash prizes.
Paws of Fury also comes with 5 modifier extras which can hit at random on any spin in the base when the meditating panda to the side of the reels comes to life:
- Pandemonium Wilds feature – the Panda kicks the reels and adds extra wilds into play. He’ll occasionally cause a re-spin with the wilds locked in place.
- Belly Smash feature – the Panda does a belly flop on the reels and in the process, fills 1 or multiple reels into stacked wilds.
- Golden Super Spin feature – the Panda uses a mind trick and adds a selection of mystery symbols to the reels. These can transform into any symbol.
- Eye of the Panda feature – after a winning spin, the reels will re-spin with the triggering symbols held. The re-spins continue until no new matching symbol joins the cluster.
- Panda Mind Trick feature – the Panda adds extra Bonus symbols into play, boosting your chances of triggering the Panda Bonus feature.
As you can see, there’s plenty on offer as far as features go in Paws of Fury making it a great choice if you like plenty of variety in your play. The modifier extras come along at regular intervals in the base game and you shouldn’t wait too long to trigger the main bonus features.
Paws of Fury is also part of the Jackpot King network meaning you can win 1 of 3 progressive jackpots – you need to get 5 Jackpot King symbols on reels 1 to 5. You then spin the reels to accumulate Crown symbols – if you get 15 or more, you will enter the Wheel King section which you spin to win a stake multiplier or progressive jackpot.
China is a favourite setting for online slots – this effort from Blueprint Gaming is a good one. Combining classy design with some solid features, it’s well worth a spin whether or not you’re a fan of all things Chinese. If you would like to try the other Jackpot King slots, you have The Naked Gun and Worms Reloaded.