A flock of mobster birds have taken over the city in GoodFeathers, an avian take on the classic mobster slot. Created by Blueprint Gaming, it’s a 5 reel, 20 payline, cascading reels game that comes with 3 base game modifiers and 5 bonus rounds. Play on all devices from between 20p and £500 per spin.
The design here is excellent. There’s a retro flavour to the visuals which hark back to Prohibition era America. On the reels you’ll see daggers and guns as well as 7 different birds, all dressed in their best mobster suits. The best of these is the Mr Big character who’ll get you 25 times your stake if you land 5 on a payline. Those same payouts are on offer from the wild which replaces all other symbol.
Blueprint Gaming has packed a massive range of extras into GoodFeathers. First up is The Birdfather Bonus which can trigger at random and offer 1 of 3 modifier extras:
- Fly By Wilds feature – a mob bird flies across the screen shooting birds as he goes. These then turn into wilds and a new payout calculation is made.
- Egg Bomb feature – a bomb is lobbed onto the reels. Symbols are then rearranged and a new, guaranteed winning combination is created.
- Stork Wilds feature – a stacked wild is dropped onto the reels.
After each winning combination, the successful symbols are removed from play and new symbols drop in and replace them. After each successive cascade win, a sheriff’s badge to the side of the reels is lit. Once all 4 are illuminated, you’ll trigger the Briefing Room Bonus. Choose from cases to see which 1 of the following features you’ll receive. If you don’t like the feature you’ve been offered, you can gamble and try and land a better one. Anyway, here’s what you’ll get:
- Prison Escape Bonus feature – this is a multi-level pick me round. Choose from the prison cell doors which are hiding mobster birds. Cash prizes are awarded for each bird that escapes. Land a poster and you’ll move to the next level where bigger payouts are on offer. The feature ends when you find a siren.
- Warehouse Bonus feature – here you’ll be shown 5 suitcases. Pick 1 and you’ll be offered a prize or a trigger of 1 of the better features. You can accept or reject the offer. There are 5 cases and 4 potential offers here.
- ScarBird Free Spins feature – 5 free spins on a new set of reels are awarded. Look out for the ScarBird which is an extra wild. At the end of the feature, pick from the suitcases which could lead to a retrigger.
- Infeathergation Free Spins feature – on offer here are 8 free spins with stacked wilds. Once the free spins are over, pick from 2 playing cards. If you choose the Good Cop, you’ll get another round of free spins. Bad Cop brings the round to a close.
- Crime Scene Free Spins feature – in this round, you can look forward to 10 free spins with expanding multipliers that can boost payouts by up to 20x. Retriggers are possible here too meaning 20 free spins can be won.
What probably started out as a pretty cheesy pun has led to a very enjoyable slot. GoodFeathers looks and sounds excellent. The cartoons visuals are superbly done and the sleazy soundtrack matches the mobster theme perfectly. Blueprint Gaming regularly packs plenty of extras into their slots and GoodFeathers is no exception. There’s a massive range of features here making it a good pick if you like plenty of variety while you spin.
We really enjoyed GoodFeathers. The design is as impressive as you’ll find anywhere and the selection of bonus features stack up well. Put all that together and GoodFeathers becomes a very playable game. If you like the mobster theme, Novomatic’s Chicago and NextGen Gaming’s The Codfather are worth trying.