Monopoly MegaWays: Demo
Official board game slot
As you’d expect, Monopoly MegaWays looks superb. Representing the iconic board game, the reels take place on the Monopoly board. Symbols include A, K, Q, J, 10 and 9 royals. You’ll also see original Monopoly tokens (playing pieces) such as the dog, race car, battleship and top hat which are gold in appearance. Then there’s the ‘M’ symbol (representing Monopoly) which is gold and encrusted with jewels – it’s the wild symbol and replaces all normal symbols. 6 in combination will reward you with 50 times your total stake.
Up to 117,649 MegaWays
If you’ve never played MegaWays slots before, they offer a huge number of ways to win – each reel can have between 2 and 7 symbols. The more symbols per reel, the more ways to win. If you have 7 symbols on each of the 6 reels, you’ll play with 117,649 MegaWays.
Monopoly MegaWays uses the Reactions feature found in other MegaWays slots – when you get a winning combination, the contributing symbols disappear to be replaced with new symbols. This allows you to win again and again from each spin. Wins are formed by getting matching symbols starting from reel 1.
Reel Adventure mechanic
The Reel Adventure mechanic first featured in Holy Diver MegaWays (from Big Time Gaming). It basically gives you the chance to upgrade the game thus giving you more chances to win and increase your winning potential. You will see Mr Monopoly move around the Monopoly board – here’s what to expect:
- Every time you land on GO, your next spin will have the maximum MegaWays of 117,649.
- The first time you land on a train station, you own it and your next feature will trigger with 1 extra free spin.
- The first time you land on utility, you own it and your next feature will have a higher win multiplier.
- Each time you land on community chest, a card will send you to a random property. The card can give you between 1 and 4 houses for that property.
- Every time you land on chance, a card to will send you to a random properly (with 1 to 4 houses), will give you a spin with maximum MegaWays or trigger the Free Spins feature.
- If you land on a property on your second reaction, a house is added. Every addition reaction will give you an extra house on it.
Free Spins feature
Monopoly MegaWays comes with a Free Spins feature – this is played when a 5th house is added to a property or you land on chance. With 8 free spins initially awarded, every extra house beyond the 5th and every owned train station will give you an additional free spin. Every time you trigger the Free Spins beyond the 1st time, you will get 3 more free spins (so you’d start with 11 at a minimum). Furthermore, you begin with a 1x multiplier but it is increased by 1 for each utility owned.
Once in the Free Spins feature, every house on each property that is landed on will increase the multiplier by 1. Once the feature ends, you will lose ownership of all train stations and utilities but all houses on unvisited properties remain unaffected.
During the feature, Mr Monopoly moves around the Monopoly board each time you get a winning combination. Some spaces on the board will lead to a bonus:
- Land on GO so your next free spin will have 117,649 MegaWays.
- Land on a train station that your own to give you 1 more free spin for each owned train station.
- Land on utility that you own to increase the multiplier by 1 or 2 (if you own both utilities).
- Land on community chest to get a card which sends you to a random property.
- Land on chance for a card that sends you a property, gives you a free spin with maximum MegaWays or 5 more free spins.
- Land on a property to increase the multiplier by 1 for each house on that property.
Brilliant from Big Time Gaming
Safe to say, Monopoly MegaWays is the best Monopoly slot around – Big Time Gaming have excelled themselves this time. I like the fact the Reel Adventure mechanic can see you play with maximum MegaWays on base game spins as well reward you once you enter the Free Spins feature.
Monopoly MegaWays is all about the Free Spins feature though as you can benefit from unlimited free spins and an infinite win multiplier. The key to winning big is to land on a utility which can increase the multiplier by 2 each time. As you’d expect, Monopoly MegaWays is a highly volatile slot – you can win up to 3,500 times your stake on each base game spin whilst the payouts can reach 14,700 times your stake on every free spin!
Overall, Monopoly MegaWays is a superb slot which brings together the classic board game and 2 innovative game mechanics (MegaWays and Reel Adventure). Big Time Gaming has used their innovations and applied it to a popular slot theme to take Monopoly MegaWays to an unprecedented level.