The Legend of Big Foot is a Barcrest-powered slot with 5 reels and 10 to 20 paylines. Playable from 10p to £300 per spin across all devices, you head out into the wilderness to find the elusive character which can reward you plenty of bonus features. It comes with a Big Bet feature, a free spins feature with a progressive scatter trail which offers you more free spins with an increasing number of random wilds and 5 Big Foot Sightings mini features. If you play at less than £2 a spin, you will play with 10 paylines whilst anything at £2 or more per spin will double the amount of paylines to 20.
Set in the wilderness, The Legend of Big Foot is not visually great to be honest – the graphics and animations are rather basic and do have the look and feel of an old-school land-based slot. Anyway, symbols on the reels include A, K, Q and J playing cards as well as various animals such as badgers, eagles, buffalo, skunks, mountain lions and wolves.
The latter is the most rewarding symbol giving you 30 times your stake for 5 across a payline. Big Foot is the wild symbol and substitutes for all other symbols bar the Big Foot footprint scatter. In the base game, look out for Big Foot randomly appearing as he will reward you with 1 of 5 mini features:
- Big Foot Symbol Swap feature – he will appear to swap a symbol to give you a winning combination
- Big Foot Random Wilds feature – Big Foot can shake the reels to give you a random number of wild symbols
- Big Foot Wild Reels feature – Big Foot may force a wild on reels 2 and 4 until these reels are fully wild
- Big Foot Respin Reels feature – Big Foot can respin all 5 reels and hold any Big Foot scatters to give you a chance to trigger the Free Spins feature
- Big Foot Respin Last Reel feature – Big Foot can respin the last reel to hopefully trigger the Free Spins feature
The other way of triggering the Free Spins feature is by getting the scatter symbol of reels 1, 3 and 5 respectively – you will begin at level 1 and 8 free spins. On each of those free spins, 2 symbol positions are randomly substitutes with wilds. Now, it’s important you look out for Big Foot scatters as they add to the free spins trail above the reels – ever 3 of them will move you to the next level where you’ll get the following:
- Level 2: 7 more free spins with every free spin giving you 3 random wilds
- Level 3: 6 more free spins with every free spin giving you 4 random wilds
- Level 4: 5 more free spins with every free spin giving you 5 random wilds
- Level 5: 4 more free spins with every free spin giving you 6 random wilds
- Level 6: 4 more free spins with every free spin giving you 7 random wilds
As you can see, each level offers you fewer free spins but you can more random wilds which should lead to bigger wins – in total, you can get 34 free spins in total. The key is the move up the levels with more random wild symbols.
As The Legend of Big Foot is a Barcrest slot, it uses the Big Bet feature – this is a series of 5 linked spins which are played on a 20 payline reel set. You can choose to play this feature by clicking on the Big Bet button below the reels. You have 3 options which give you the following:
- £20 option – this sees increases Big Foot sightings for 1 of 5 randomly triggered features (described above)
- £30 option – more Big Foot sightings and double-height scatters
- £50 option – more Big Foot sightings and double-height scatters which can also appear in the Free Spins feature
Basically, the double-height scatters increase your chances of triggering the Free Spins feature in the base game and advancing levels once within the Free Spins feature. It will set you back a bit but the expected return to player % does increase to 98% – I would only recommend if you can afford it.
The Legend of Big Foot may not look as good as some modern-day slots but the Free Spins feature can be quite rewarding if you manage to advance through the levels where you can get up to 7 wilds on each free spin! I also found the Big Foot Wild Reels feature to be lucrative as 2 wild reels always helps. I found it to be a medium variance title which was more entertaining that I could of imagined. Other Barcrest titles I recommend include Snow Leopard and Dr Jekyll Goes Wild.