Based on the 1950s US TV comedy starring Jackie Gleason, The Honeymooners is a 5 reel, 20 payline slot from 2 By 2 Gaming. Featuring visuals from the original show, it comes with a TV Episode Bonus that offers 5 different extras as well as a pair of free spin rounds with added wilds and multipliers. Play from between 20p and £20 per spin.
The design in The Honeymooners is rather good – the imagery takes its cue from the TV show and features A to 10 playing cards as well as a bus, a kitchen scene plus the characters Art, Alice and bus driver Ralph. The Honeymooners logo is the wild. It appears on reels 1, 3 and 5 in the base game.
Look out for the old-school TV which can land on reels 2 and 4 only – when it does, you’ll trigger the TV Episode Bonus and be awarded 1 of the following features, each of which is based on a sketch from the show:
- Funny Money feature – dollar bills start spewing out of the TV to award you an instant win cash bonus.
- Hello Ball feature – a golf ball will roll onto the screen and turn 1 of the reels wild. You’ll then be awarded a re-spin with the wild reel locked in place.
- Get Rich Quick feature – pick from 1 of the 4 helper symbols to reveal a special bonus prize.
- Will of Fortune feature – all of the TV symbols turn into 3x wilds. You’ll then be awarded a re-spin. If a winning line includes a TV, the payout is trebled. If it includes 2 TVs, the win is boosted by a 9x multiplier.
- Floating Wilds feature – you’ll be awarded a re-spin here. After it’s taken place, a random selection of wilds are added to the reels and a new payout consideration is made.
The Honeymooners also comes with some free spins which are triggered by landing 3 bonus symbols on the middle 3 reels on the same spin. You’ll then be given the choice of 2 bonus rounds:
- Wild Alice Free Spins feature – here you’ll be given 10 free spins. Any Alice symbols that land during the free spins become wild.
- Wild Multiplier Free Spins feature – opt for this round and you’ll receive 8 free spins. Multiplier wilds worth 2x, 3x and 4x are added to reels 2, 3 and 4 respectively during the free spins. Winning combinations that include a wild are boosted by that multiplier. Land more than 1 wild in a winning line and those multipliers are combined.
The Honeymooners is a well-constructed slot – the design has a real 1950s feel and works rather well. Likewise, the features which offer plenty of variety. It’s a little hard to understand who this slot is aimed at though, especially for a British audience. The Honeymooners was never a big hit over here after all.
That said, there’s enough going on to make The Honeymooners worth a look. The TV Bonus extras hit regularly and the pair of free spins offer some fine winning opportunities. Whether you’re a fan of the TV show (or more probably never even heard of it), the combination of classy design and wide range of extras make The Honeymooners well worth a spin. I also recommend you try The Three Stooges from Pariplay which has a similar feel.