How We Rate Casino Reload Bonuses
When we consider what the best casino reload bonuses are, there are certain things we consider. Every casino is different so it’s not always the case that the following points can all be enjoyed on any one bonus, but here are the ideal terms we look for:
- More than one deposit – The number of deposits you can use for a reload bonus is typically limited to just one per offer. However, some have bonuses on the next 2, 3, 4 or even 5 deposits. We prefer these but a single reload bonus of 100% up to £100 for example is still fantastic.
- Low wagering – A reload casino bonus will always come with some sort of wagering, whether that be 35x, 45x or higher. It’s always nice to see some available with wagering under the 35x mark, though as it’s easier to achieve.
- Reasonable expiry date – It’s important to use your reload bonuses as soon as possible. Expiry dates range from 24 hours to 30 days, but we obviously like to see it at the longer end of the scale.
- Low minimum deposit – The typical minimum deposit is £10, which is what we prefer to see. However, there are some around that ask for deposits of £20 or even £50 as a minimum.
- 100% slot contributions – Most casino reload bonuses will have slot contributions set at 100%, but some may exclude or include certain types of slots. For example, the slot contribution on a reload bonus might be 100% but will only include NetEnt slots.
- High maximum wins – 99 times out of 100, there will be a maximum win limit on a casino reload bonus. This could be £50, £100 or £500 for example. The higher the better from our point of view.
- Available in all UK countries – Some reload bonuses may exclude Northern Ireland, so just make sure you check the T&Cs of any offer before committing if you live there.
What is a Reload Bonus?
A reload bonus is essentially a promotion that’s offered to existing players who have already made at least one deposit at that casino. When you deposit again, this bonus will match a certain percentage of it as a percentage for you to play with. Some online UK casinos offer just one reload bonus, but some are recurring, which means that you can enjoy it every day or every week, depending on the terms of the promotion.
It’s important to note that a casino reload bonus in the UK could also be part of a welcome package. This would be outlined in the terms of the offer, but the higher matched deposit bonuses will tend to be spread out over a few deposits. So, essentially, every deposit bonus after the first one is a reload bonus.
How to Claim Reload Bonuses
Ok, so you’ve seen a reload casino bonus available, but how do you get it? If you’ve already claimed casino welcome bonuses in the past, you’ve probably got a good idea. It’s very straightforward. But for anyone unsure, here’s a helpful step-by-step guide on how to claim casino reload offers:
- Choose a casino – check out our list and pick the best one for your needs.
- Claim the welcome offer – before a reload bonus is available, you will usually have the chance to get a new customer promotion.
- Opt-in – you might be required to opt-in to get any casino reload bonuses, so make sure you do that if required
- Enter bonus code – there are casino reload bonus codes attached to some offers, so ensure you’ve followed those instructions to enter that correctly.
- Check bonus terms – make sure you fully understand the T&Cs of the reload bonus you want to claim.
- Deposit – add funds to your account that meet the minimum requirements of the promotion.
- Claim your bonus – your reload bonus will either be added to your account automatically, or you may need to manually activate it on either the promotions page or in your account area.
Reload Bonuses vs Welcome Offers
The easiest way to understand the difference between casino reload offers and a welcome promotion is this – you get one as a new customer and one as an existing customer (most of the time). I say most of the time because a welcome offer might be over a few deposits, which essentially means that any deposit after the first one will technically be a reload bonus.
Welcome offers will typically match your first deposit by a certain percentage. Casino reload bonuses can be a recurring incentive that can be claimed numerous times during your time as an existing customer at a casino. An online casino reload bonus is a great way for operators to reward loyal players.
Here’s our table outlining the main differences between the two:
|Reload Bonuses||Welcome Promotions|
|Available at many UK casinos||Available at nearly all UK casinos|
|Aimed at existing players||Aimed at new players|
|Matched deposit bonuses are usually under 100%||Matched deposit bonuses could hit 500%|
|Wagering terms are always included but often reasonable||Some bonuses such as no wager free spins don’t require any wagering but many do and the wagering is often high|
|Rarely includes free spins||Often includes free spins|
|Can usually be claimed more than once||Can only be claimed once|
Different Types of Casino Reload Offers
There are many types of online casino reload bonuses. Let’s run you through the most common ones you’ll come across at UK casinos, starting with losing spins.
|Matched Deposit||Matched Deposit & Spins|
|Free Spins||No Wagering|
Matched Deposit Reload Bonus
This is the most common online casino reload bonus. In fact, it’s the most common of all casino bonuses as you’ll see these as part of welcome offers too. You simply need to deposit a minimum amount to receive a certain percentage of your deposit matched as bonus cash. For example, 50% up to £200.
Matched Deposit & Spins Reload Bonus
This is the same as above but with free spins as an extra part of the reload bonus. These are proving to be very popular as it gives you both spins and bonus cash on a single deposit.
Free Spins Reload Bonus
Casino reload bonuses might come in the shape of just a free spins promotion rather than bonus cash. As players who want to enjoy the best UK slots, this is arguably the preferred reload bonus compared to any of the others. But just make sure you check any reload bonuses of this type as the terms may suggest that the spins can only be used on certain slots.
No Wagering Reload Bonus
These reload bonuses are quite rare but they do still pop up from time to time. A no wagering reload bonus simply means that you will get bonus cash or free spins via a deposit that doesn’t require you to turn over any winnings. Any winnings are yours to keep straight away.
Reload Bonuses Pros & Cons
Like all promotions, the best casino reload bonuses will come with advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a useful table showing what those are:
- Additional bonus funds
- Can come in numerous forms
- Easy to claim
- Can sometimes be claimed more than once
- Chance to try new slots and other games
- Often part of a loyalty points scheme
- Usually wagering requirements attached
- Not available at all casinos
- Typically not as good as welcome bonuses
Reload Bonus T&Cs
If you’ve made it this far, you should now understand about the various types of casino reload bonuses on offer. We’ve mentioned T&Cs along the way, which are very important to acknowledge with any promotion. While you might be able to enjoy all online slots with one bonus, you might be restricted to just Microgaming slots with another. Here are the common terms to be aware of with a casino reload bonus in the UK:
- Minimum deposit – Make sure you adhere to the minimum deposit levels. Although the operator might have £10 set as a general minimum, the reload casino bonus might have a minimum deposit of £20 for example. This isn’t always the case but is possible.
- Number of deposits – This is typically limited to once per bonus, but progressive reload bonuses will have a few stages. For example, you might get 100% up to £20 on deposit one and 50% up to £50 on deposit two.
- Expiry date – All offers will have a timeframe applicable, which could be anywhere from 24 hours up to 30 days.
- Game Contributions – Some offers might have a 100% slots contribution, and some might have just 50%. It’s important to check this so that you can hit the wagering requirements in the quickest time possible.
- Payment exclusions – Although operators might list various casino payment methods in general, some casino reload offers may restrict deposits to debit cards only for example.
- Max payout – These will typically range from £20 up to £100. You do see some above £100 but these are usually reserved for welcome bonuses rather than reload bonuses.
- Country restrictions – Casino reload bonuses in the UK sometimes exclude Northern Ireland and/or the Isle of Man.
Keep an eye on these points in the T&Cs and you should be fine with your casino reload bonus. There’s nothing worse than losing a bonus because you didn’t use it in time or you’ve played some of the top jackpot slots without realising that these specific games contribute 0% towards the wagering requirements.
The best casino reload offer will be one that sets out clear terms and conditions that are fair and attainable. We’ve outlined everything that goes into a good reload bonus and the different types available.
It’s not easy to locate the best casino reload bonuses as not all operators have them. But we’ve done the hard work for you to bring you a list of the leading casinos offering them. Use this page to guide you and choose the casino that best suits your needs.
Best Casino Reload Bonuses FAQs
The best casino reload bonuses will be ones that ensure terms are clear, fair and attainable. A 100% bonus up to £200 might look good on the surface, but if the wagering is 75x, then that doesn’t make the promotion appealing anymore.
It’s really easy to get a reload bonus and we’ve outlined this on our page with a helpful and simple step-by-step guide where you can’t go wrong.
There are many pros and cons attached to casino reload bonuses, just like any other promotion. We’ve outlined the advantages on our page but they include simplicity, recurring and various types.
The majority of casino reload offers will come with wagering requirements. Make sure you check the T&Cs to ensure they’re fair and attainable. The typical range is between 35x and 45x but you could see some lower or higher than that.
A reload bonus is essentially a bonus given to existing customers by making another deposit at that casino. This is usually a matched deposit bonus but it could also include free spins. There are many different types.